The Student Room Group

2 years

Is it worth doing two years of a-levels being unhappy if i have absolutely interest what so ever in going to uni?
Original post by ihatehistory123
Is it worth doing two years of a-levels being unhappy if i have absolutely interest what so ever in going to uni?

Probably not, but it's a big call.
Is it a settled view or passing angst?
If not A levels, what's the plan B?
There are alternatives such as college, apprenticeships, etc, but you need to have a plan if you're going to bail from A levels.
Most of all, you need to talk to an actual someone you trust to get your head straight about it, not trust random guys with a keyboard :wink:
Original post by Ringstone
Probably not, but it's a big call.
Is it a settled view or passing angst?
If not A levels, what's the plan B?
There are alternatives such as college, apprenticeships, etc, but you need to have a plan if you're going to bail from A levels.
Most of all, you need to talk to an actual someone you trust to get your head straight about it, not trust random guys with a keyboard :wink:

haha yh I get what you mean about the advice thing-but this is the main thing that's going through my head at the moment:
the one goal I have in life is not to regret it on my death bed. Would I regret it if I give up long-term satisfaction to remove this short-term pain?(if it evenis short term idk)

Am i going to regret staying in 6th form wasting two years of my life trying to 'get through it' or am i going to regret leaving 6th form?
My fear of regret is a major motivator for change but I just don't know which option im gonna regret-wasting 2 years at sixth form(ill be unhappy but have some sort of qualification) or spending 2 years doing something i like( which wont get me a qualification but at least i'll be happy)

Quick Reply

Latest