The Student Room Group

5 year evidence

Hello,
I am a EU student in my first year of uni.
I applied for SF in April but I still fighting to get the right information from the Student finance advisers. I need to send residency evidence for the 5 years before the start of my course i.e. 2011-2016. One of the advisers told me I could ask for copies of my statements and it would be acceptable, however after I got the statements (had to pay for them), I called student finance again and was told that the copies were useless and SF only accepts original documents. Unfortunately I have not been keeping my letter and can't find my payslips. I also do not have any utility bills since I always rented or lived with my mother. I am very worried because my university fees and accommodation fees are due by the end of October and I have no idea what evidence I can send to student finance. I called HMRC and they send me my employment history, but it does not state the addresses I was living during those times. I really need help as I am starting to fear that I will not be able to send any evidence.
Hi there.

The evidence does not need to specifically state the address you lived at. It simply has to be official documentation from the UK and UK organisations that will indicate you lived in the UK at the times detailed in the letter.

All documentation has to be originals so we are able to verify them.

If you were a minor during the time we can accept letters from schools, awards, certificates, etc as well as any tax credits or child benefit letters your parents may have had which has your name on it.

Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by Brian SFE
Hi there.

The evidence does not need to specifically state the address you lived at. It simply has to be official documentation from the UK and UK organisations that will indicate you lived in the UK at the times detailed in the letter.

All documentation has to be originals so we are able to verify them.

If you were a minor during the time we can accept letters from schools, awards, certificates, etc as well as any tax credits or child benefit letters your parents may have had which has your name on it.

Thanks.

Hello,
Thank you for the reply. Does that mean that an employment history sent by the HMRC is valid? it is an original document and it states all my employment from 2011 to 2016. That would be a great help because I do not have original statements to prove address. Also the 5 year residency information form states that: You also need to send in evidence to confirm each address you give us. You must send original documents. The dates shown on the evidence you send for each address must cover the whole time you lived there.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

The employment history from HMRC can be sent.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending