Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Rejected by my back up Watch

ReputationRep:
    I applied through UCAS to Medicine about a week ago and I wasn't expecting any responses so soon but today I got a response from Edinburgh rejecting me for my 5th choice (Medicinal and Biological Chemistry) - I thought well that's but quick and they must have taken a look st my medicine personal statement and chucked it in the trash but I did phone admissions and they were like yeah we don't disadvantage you yet obviously they must do because I got rejected very very quickly - my grades are medicine standard so I just don't understand what happened - thoughts and advice please
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themissconfusion)
    I applied through UCAS to Medicine about a week ago and I wasn't expecting any responses so soon but today I got a response from Edinburgh rejecting me for my 5th choice (Medicinal and Biological Chemistry) - I thought well that's but quick and they must have taken a look st my medicine personal statement and chucked it in the trash but I did phone admissions and they were like yeah we don't disadvantage you yet obviously they must do because I got rejected very very quickly - my grades are medicine standard so I just don't understand what happened - thoughts and advice please
    Are you taking Chemistry and Mathematics A level? A lack of a maths A level would seem the most likely reason for a rejection.

If you're within 14 days of applying then contact UCAS and swap that choice to a different one - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...-undergraduate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themissconfusion)
    If you also applied for medicine there ....that will happen.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.