Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied through UCAS to Medicine about a week ago and I wasn't expecting any responses so soon but today I got a response from Edinburgh rejecting me for my 5th choice (Medicinal and Biological Chemistry) - I thought well that's but quick and they must have taken a look st my medicine personal statement and chucked it in the trash but I did phone admissions and they were like yeah we don't disadvantage you yet obviously they must do because I got rejected very very quickly - my grades are medicine standard so I just don't understand what happened - thoughts and advice please
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by themissconfusion)
    I applied through UCAS to Medicine about a week ago and I wasn't expecting any responses so soon but today I got a response from Edinburgh rejecting me for my 5th choice (Medicinal and Biological Chemistry) - I thought well that's but quick and they must have taken a look st my medicine personal statement and chucked it in the trash but I did phone admissions and they were like yeah we don't disadvantage you yet obviously they must do because I got rejected very very quickly - my grades are medicine standard so I just don't understand what happened - thoughts and advice please
    Are you taking Chemistry and Mathematics A level? A lack of a maths A level would seem the most likely reason for a rejection.

If you're within 14 days of applying then contact UCAS and swap that choice to a different one - https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...-undergraduate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themissconfusion)
    If you also applied for medicine there ....that will happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.