Turn on thread page Beta

Applying to Oxbridge and other Unis at diff dates watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to apply to Oxbridge (before the 15th October deadline) THEN after that date, apply to 5 other Unis? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetymango)
    Just wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to apply to Oxbridge (before the 15th October deadline) THEN after that date, apply to 5 other Unis? :confused:
    i don't think so because you have to submit it with your UCAS form, but it is a good advantage to apply early to other unis that don't have an early date, because you will get in there first!

ReputationRep:
    It is actually. If you look on the UCAS site, there'll be more information

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you apply to Oxbridge and leave spaces on your form, then add the other universities later.

ReputationRep:
    unless ofcourse you are applying primarily to courses which also have the October 15th deadline like VetSci, Dentistry and Medicine. In that case you can apply to upto four universities (including Oxford or Cambridge if applicable) for those courses and then leave the other two options open for other choices. (wish i knew that before i applied.... :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yes, you apply to Oxbridge and leave spaces on your form, then add the other universities later.
    ooh! well you learn something every day!

ReputationRep:
    I learnt it all on here .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I learnt it all on here .
    i didn't find this place until way after applications, not til during exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    ooh! well you learn something every day!
    Hopefully you learn a bit quicker than that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.

But why would you want to? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yes it is.

But why would you want to? :confused:
    Possibly paranoid that other Unis will reject them for applying to oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Possibly paranoid that other Unis will reject them for applying to oxbridge?

But all that will happen is the uni will get an 'update'. It contains the inital date of submission and the updated date. So it would be waaaayyy more suspicious if the form was submitted before the 15th Oct and then added to at a much later date.

Getting you form in ASAP would be the best bet - you just look like a keener then, I would avoid reushing to get it in just before the 15th Oct, as it will look like a mad rush for Oxbridge.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.