Turn on thread page Beta

New driving test regulation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard from a friend that there's a new driving test regulation in place, stating that you must take 100hours of lessons before you're allowed to take the practical exam - Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous, considering some people can past a test after about 20 hours of practical lessons (at least according to some threads on here).

ReputationRep:
    It's only one of a series of ideas either the Govt. or some think tank came up with the other day to ensure new drivers are more experienced before being passed out, in the hope that less collisions will result. It'll be years before such a scheme comes into place.

ReputationRep:
    of professional lessons? that's cost £2000+!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's *******s mate.

Just like the: 'z0fgmxmgodzorz its going up to 18'

Never worry

ReputationRep:
    yeh i heard this it will never develop as sum1s pointed out the stupid amount of money and alot of ppl dont even need 20 hours but was proposed by the goverment

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor said to me he's already had a letter through about this (as will have every other driving instructor) informing them of the upcoming changes and their thoughts on it.

What he did tell me is it's likely the Government are brining a "You must learn for 1 year" thing, but it wasn't specified whether that would be a lesson a week, a lesson every two weeks, ...

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when the changes going to take place? I've just started to think about doing driving lessons !

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he got confused with the theory test.

Thats 30 something questions, but in sept some time its going up to about 100 questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Maybe he got confused with the theory test.

Thats 30 something questions, but in sept some time its going up to about 100 questions.
    100?? :eek: :eek: I thought it was 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolly-88)
    100?? :eek: :eek: I thought it was 50.
    Hmm, according to the DSA website, its 50 yeah.

I thaught it was 100, cant remember where i got that number from but its been in my head for ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilMc)
    z0fgmxmgodzorz
    what? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Hmm, according to the DSA website, its 50 yeah.

I thaught it was 100, cant remember where i got that number from but its been in my head for ages.
    You scared me then!:p:

ReputationRep:
    they r thinking about doing new regulations for the driving test next april i was told so loads of time

ReputationRep:
    The DSA site thinks good drivers will have had about 45 hours of lessons and 'plenty of practise' whatever that is meant to mean. I would have thought that 45 on its own was 'plenty of practise' if not too much. It starts getting boring after about 20, that's quite enough.

ReputationRep:
    is it true that they increased the number og exam questions though? [in the theory?]

ReputationRep:
    More hours? More questions?? So not fair! Ive just started to learn my theory now and will be getting lessons soon, going through 35 questions takes long enough!
    Next thing ya know they'll be putting up the test prices!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, in September the price of the theory test is going up and you'll have to do 50 questions I think.

ReputationRep:
    so i have by september to get my theory done?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.