Any 2017 ULIP applicants??

ReputationRep:
    I'm yet to find anyone else applying, I'm applying for French studies w/ history

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I am applying for French Studies I think

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for French with International Relations. Has any one had an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    If any of you have any questions about ULIP I can try and answer them.. (I did drop out because I didn't like it though- bear that in mind)

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. What was the interview like? I've got mine in March in Paris.

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember, the interview is really relaxed. I was asked about the stuff on my personal statement- so like I was asked to talk about the films I'd mentioned, the books I'd mentioned, the exchanges I'd been on. It kind of felt like a mixture between a GCSE and AS speaking exam if I'm honest.. mine was mostly in French, but that will depend on who interviews you and your level of fluency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolomenthe)
    From what I remember, the interview is really relaxed. I was asked about the stuff on my personal statement- so like I was asked to talk about the films I'd mentioned, the books I'd mentioned, the exchanges I'd been on. It kind of felt like a mixture between a GCSE and AS speaking exam if I'm honest.. mine was mostly in French, but that will depend on who interviews you and your level of fluency.
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why did you drop out if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_rist)
    Why did you drop out if you don't mind me asking?
    There were many reasons, mostly I didn't like how badly organised the course was: for example, there was an exam at the end of first term and nobody was told the layout of the paper or explicitly what it was going to be on before sitting it.
    The majority of people I spoke to didn't necessarily like the course there, they were just putting up with it because it was in Paris- which, in the end, wasn't enough for me. I, personally, found the course content really boring.
    Also, it is a very small university, which I personally did not like. It was very cliquey in my opinion and I didn't feel like I was being treated any more like an adult than I was in sixth form. But whether you like this will be down to personal preference, others liked the small experience where everyone knows everything about everyone...
    Also, I decided that I no longer just wanted to study French, so I've reapplied for modern languages/ translation degrees.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 24, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.