Can i turn things around?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

So i have been at university for three weeks now. Fresher's week was brilliant, i had a great time meeting new people and just having a fresh start. But i am a bit of a lightweight. And when i'm drunk, i have said some nasty things to people and have generally been very rude. I am quite sarcastic aswell and because being sarcastic is part of my personality, i don't think of it twice. I have also passed out a couple of times from mixing my drinks, which i never intended to do and i never pass out from drinking usually. Unfortunately, some of my flatmates had to see me in that state and i feel like they cannot look at me the same way now. They are all lovely people but i want them to see me as they saw me during fresher's week and not be freaked out by me and/or avoid me when i go out and drink.
    I have totally learnt my lesson as to not drinking loads and probably eating beforehand, as i didn't do this before.

Can i turn this around? It's only been three weeks and i don't want to be disliked and just be able to drink like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i have been at university for three weeks now. Fresher's week was brilliant, i had a great time meeting new people and just having a fresh start. But i am a bit of a lightweight. And when i'm drunk, i have said some nasty things to people and have generally been very rude. I am quite sarcastic aswell and because being sarcastic is part of my personality, i don't think of it twice. I have also passed out a couple of times from mixing my drinks, which i never intended to do and i never pass out from drinking usually. Unfortunately, some of my flatmates had to see me in that state and i feel like they cannot look at me the same way now. They are all lovely people but i want them to see me as they saw me during fresher's week and not be freaked out by me and/or avoid me when i go out and drink.
    I have totally learnt my lesson as to not drinking loads and probably eating beforehand, as i didn't do this before.

Can i turn this around? It's only been three weeks and i don't want to be disliked and just be able to drink like everyone else.
    Who cares about how much you drink and what you do before and after it? I definetely don't.

(Original post by Mvine001)
    Who cares about how much you drink and what you do before and after it? I definetely don't.
    And people get fed up for looking after you afterwards? I know i would.

ReputationRep:
    And people get fed up for looking after you afterwards? I know i would.
    Is that what happens? Eat and drink at the same time, that way, the effects won't be forcing other people to "look after you".

(Original post by Mvine001)
    Is that what happens? Eat and drink at the same time, that way, the effects won't be forcing other people to "look after you".
    But i feel like people are ignoring me because i didn't at that time.

ReputationRep:
    Get a hold of yourself, have a round when everyone else has one, start drinking pop when you've had a few. There's no point intoxicating yourself to that level, ever, you should be smart enough to understand that.

ReputationRep:
    But i feel like people are ignoring me because i didn't at that time.
    Feelings are usually different from truth. Don't drink the quantities that cause to have these issues, shall I call them?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.