Do you have any animals? If so, what are their names, any interesting facts?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 cats - Mia, Josie, Cindy-Lou (from the Grinch) and Poppy (the last 3 are sisters), 1 kitten - Sully (Cindy-Lou's son), 2 Yorkshire Terries - Ollie and Muffin and 2 dogs we adopted from Cyprus last month - Bella and Hector.

The dogs from Cyprus were abandoned street dogs who had been abused and beaten, so there's a company that vaccinate them and try to find them homes in another country! One is a 6 month old lurcher X lab and the other is 5 years old and is a pointer X something! One flew from Cyprus to France then came to the UK on the Euro Tunnel and the other flew from Cyprus to Bristol and we drove to pick him up from the airport!

ReputationRep:
    We have a hamster called fudge, he escaped his exercise ball three times although that might have been my fault.

ReputationRep:
    Four cats named Dante (Dimmy), Devyn (Debby), Maiko, and Keiko (Keiki).
    A hamster named Ranmaru (Ran).

Eight betta fish named Nami, Mushu, Tidus, Spyro, Lister, Ciel, Cynder, and Yuna.
    Six guppies named Wakka, Yuya, Tatsuya, Mei, Freddy, and Vinny.
    Two catfish named Behemoth (Bae) and... well, the second is unnamed. I'm considering naming him Adamantoise (Adam).

Also planning to establish a new tank, either to keep seahorse or goldfish.

Here's a photo of Keiko eating her supper while watching Behemoth (bottom-right) eating his wafer. She's obsessed with him.

ReputationRep:
    I have four cats - Rambo, Nibbler, Regan and Pixie Rambo and and Nibbler are bro and sis and Regan and Pixie are both sisters.

Rambo is named after Rambo not because he's a big tough cat but because of the irony of him being a bit fat cat and one of the wimpiest cats you could ever meet he's also a mummy's boy :love: Nibbler is named after Nibbler from Futurama because she is a little monster who does nothing but eat everything but she also has a cute side. Regan is named after Regan from The Exorcist she's my little demon cat and often lives up to her name and Pixie is named that because she was the runt of the litter and was so small but she's growing quite steady now and is playful and cheeky like a pixie

I also had another cat called Mylo who died from cancer when he was 17 and a Yorkie who died last year from pancreatitis. I miss them so much and think of them every single day :cry2: Mylo was originally a feral cat and then my neighbour got him but he kept coming into my house and wouldn't leave, despite Toby being nasty to him and when the neighbour moved he said we could keep him. Mylo chose us Toby we got from a neighbours who's mum was dying and she couldn't look after Toby anymore and the neighbour already had four dogs so we got him at seven months old :love:

My pets are my life :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted a cat ever sincei was young but my dad wouldn't let me. This year at results day my parents got me a lil budgie and i love him so much!

His name is Finoscal and he loves to eat pears and apples. He's really clever and can signal when he wants something i.e being let out or going upstairs to sleep. He enjoys to talk to people and waddles and flys around the house. He'svery sociable and loves to perch on peoples shoulders.

Name:  Snapchat-2093463120.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  340.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    I have two squashy bunnes called Sergeant and Bishop and they are hoppy idiots <3

Name:  FB_IMG_1476449883904.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  80.5 KB Attachment 586696586698Attachment 586696586698
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i have a cat called alfie that we adopted from a cat shelter for my birthday two years ago
    he likes paper nests, whereby you put a load of paper sheets into a pile in a corner somewhere and he'll use it as a nest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    We have a hamster called fudge, he escaped his exercise ball three times although that might have been my fault.
    Oh dear! I've had too many escapee hamsters

(Original post by sinfonietta)
    Four cats named Dante (Dimmy), Devyn (Debby), Maiko, and Keiko (Keiki).
    A hamster named Ranmaru (Ran).

Eight betta fish named Nami, Mushu, Tidus, Spyro, Lister, Ciel, Cynder, and Yuna.
    Six guppies named Wakka, Yuya, Tatsuya, Mei, Freddy, and Vinny.
    Two catfish named Behemoth (Bae) and... well, the second is unnamed. I'm considering naming him Adamantoise (Adam).

Also planning to establish a new tank, either to keep seahorse or goldfish.

Here's a photo of Keiko eating her supper while watching Behemoth (bottom-right) eating his wafer. She's obsessed with him.

Too cute!!! I love fish but have no room for a tank we bought a goldfish when I was little - only it turned out not to be a goldfish and lived longer than expected. My dad took it into his school (he's a teacher) and they kept it in their huge tank there! He lived for absolutely YEARS

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I have four cats - Rambo, Nibbler, Regan and Pixie Rambo and and Nibbler are bro and sis and Regan and Pixie are both sisters.

Rambo is named after Rambo not because he's a big tough cat but because of the irony of him being a bit fat cat and one of the wimpiest cats you could ever meet he's also a mummy's boy :love: Nibbler is named after Nibbler from Futurama because she is a little monster who does nothing but eat everything but she also has a cute side. Regan is named after Regan from The Exorcist she's my little demon cat and often lives up to her name and Pixie is named that because she was the runt of the little and so small but she's growing quite steady now and is playful and cheeky like a pixie

I also had another cat called Mylo who died from cancer when he was 17 and a Yorkie who died last year from pancreatitis. I miss them so much and think of them every single day :cry2: Mylo was originally a feral cat and then my neighbour got him but he kept coming into my house and wouldn't leave, despite Toby being nasty to him and when they neighbour moved he said we could keep him. Mylo chose us Toby we got from a neighbours who's mum was dying and she couldn't look after Toby anymore and the neighbour already had four dogs so we got him at seven months old :love:

My pets are my life :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwww that's the cutest story! Sorry to hear about your ones who are not longer with you I LOVE your cats !!

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    I really wanted a cat ever sincei was young but my dad wouldn't let me. This year at results day my parents got me a lil budgie and i love him so much!

His name is Finoscal and he loves to eat pears and apples. He's really clever and can signal when he wants something i.e being let out or going upstairs to sleep. He enjoys to talk to people and waddles and flys around the house. He'svery sociable and loves to perch on peoples shoulders.

Name:  Snapchat-2093463120.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  340.5 KB
    He's lush! My cousins used to have a budgie and he was brilliant too. Such clever animals!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassiejoevans)
    Too cute!!! I love fish but have no room for a tank we bought a goldfish when I was little - only it turned out not to be a goldfish and lived longer than expected. My dad took it into his school (he's a teacher) and they kept it in their huge tank there! He lived for absolutely YEARS
    I made room by getting rid of other bits of furniture haha. I've three tanks in my room currently (usually two, but Mushu has been ill lately so was quarantined - he's starting to look better though ) and we've one in the living room. Although we're planning to upgrade the downstairs one from 70L to 190L very soon, so I'm getting rid of my bedside table and standing lamp to move the 70L to my room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    I made room by getting rid of other bits of furniture haha. I've three tanks in my room currently (usually two, but Mushu has been ill lately so was quarantined - he's starting to look better though ) and we've one in the living room. Although we're planning to upgrade the downstairs one from 70L to 190L very soon, so I'm getting rid of my bedside table and standing lamp to move the 70L to my room.
    Oh wow that's awesome! Feel sorry for fishies in tiny lil tanks, glad to hear yours are VERY spacious

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.