Favourite away day

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

Every football fan always loves an away day, but what is your favourite day?

ReputationRep:
    An away day for most United fans (including me) is a home game

Out of the few I've done, Fulham or Stoke

ReputationRep:
    Agree with that. Takes me ages to plan a trip to Old Trafford these days, would love the opportunity to move closer but the wages on offer in the North West just don't compare to what's on offer elsewhere. One of my uncles has been a season tiket holder for decades and he commutes from Kent every game with his wife.

My favourite ground was Upton Park, i've been to West Ham's new ground too and it just doesn't compare. Excellent stadium it just isn't suited for football. They should have torn up the running track and built a new athletics stadium somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle said no one ever although it does wonders on my glutes

ReputationRep:
    Watching the reds win 3-0 atOld Trafford was a perfect away day...
    David Moyes is a football genius

Always found Norwich to be a good away day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Always found Norwich to be a good away day.
    Norwich is a lovely city too, my only problem with it is that it's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't even a motorway, if you're approaching it from the south it's literally just one long country road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Norwich is a lovely city too, my only problem with it is that it's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't even a motorway, if you're approaching it from the south it's literally just one long country road.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least the city centre has been pedestrianised.

ReputationRep:
    Stoke away is a good day out, train station relatively central and theres a short walk to some good pubs, then the bus service taking you directly to the ground. seen us win both times there aswell and quite close to the tunnel and pitch.

ReputationRep:
    When I went to see Forest beat Derby away 2-1 last year. Was down 1-0 until 70 odd mins we equalised then Osborn scores a banger in stoppage time. Fans went mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    At least the city centre has been pedestrianised.
    I'm dead against it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.