The Student Room Group

ECAA Economics admissions test

Hello all,
For the new Cambridge economics admissions test, Ive been doing MAT pastpapers for the maths part as it seems to be the most relevant. Can any one recommend another source of practice papers please?
Original post by erdem0729
Hello all,
For the new Cambridge economics admissions test, Ive been doing MAT pastpapers for the maths part as it seems to be the most relevant. Can any one recommend another source of practice papers please?

Past TSA Oxford papers should come in very helpful for the Problem Solving section.
Reply 2
Original post by Forecast
Past TSA Oxford papers should come in very helpful for the Problem Solving section.

Oh yeah, Ive been doing them also. But I feel like I need more practice for maths
Reply 3
The only thing I can think of is revising C1 and C2 and maybe going through some hard questions from C1/C2 past papers
Wouldn't you say the level of maths in the MAT is too high for ECAA prep?
Reply 4
I think the content of the MC of MAT would be similar with the advanced math section of ECAA. If you can get 80% of the MC of MAT correct there is no need to look at TSA problem solving then.
Reply 5
The topics covered are certainly C1/C2 maths- but the format of the questions are different. They will be looking for you to use this information in a more creative way than what you will be accustomed to at A-level. The MAT (the earlier multiple choice section) will help you get an idea of the style of question. Make sure that you are strong in sketching graphs and understanding how to find the roots of equations via several methods. You should also be very clear on the log rules and how to use them to solve for questions with a^x. TSA's will help with the reasoning part of the ECAA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending