Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Want to go Secondary Ed (ICT) PGCE? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a Education Studies year 3 student I want to (well that's what I think) become a Secondary ICT teacher but sometimes I just end up being really unsure. I have done placement twice in a primary school setting, although I love children I found it really frustrating! I do not have any secondary school experience yet and I need to start applying for PGCE in sometime, I just feel a bit stuck!! I'm kind of nervous of doing it at a secondary school as I'm quite short, freak out by thinking about the fact that I will probably have students who are way more taller than me lol!
    Anyways, is Education Studies a good degree for me to get into Secondary Teaching, secondly any advice of placements/work experience anyone has done in a secondary school (a bit of motivation please), how I can contact schools? How will they respond, how should I respond back?
    Lastly, the most worrying thing for me is that I still do not have Maths GCSE (at a C), I am going to resit during summer (which is a long way away). Will Uni's give me a conditional offer based upon that? (I'm actually confused myself, sorry for confusing the rest of you. I'm just stressed out! I've been thinking about whether I could take a gap year but I don't want to wasting my time.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.