Reverse Racism

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can a minority be 'racist' to white people?

ReputationRep:
    Racism is discrimination based on race, so it's not 'reverse racism', it's just racism.

ReputationRep:
    No such thing, A black Person being racist to a white person is racism.

Reverse Racism is not real

ReputationRep:
    Racism is racism, regardless of what the instigator's colour is.

ReputationRep:
    Reverse racism is not a real thing, if for example a black person insults a white person for being white, it´s just racism.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can and its just called racism.

Calling something reverse racism, sexism etc is just a way to downplay the whatever has been said.

ReputationRep:
    from an article it stated that you can only be racist if you have privilege and power, which minorites dont have

(Original post by Mactotaur)
    Racism is discrimination based on race, so it's not 'reverse racism', it's just racism.
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    No such thing, A black Person being racist to a white person is racism.

Reverse Racism is not real
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Racism is racism, regardless of what the instigator's colour is.
    (Original post by Gabriela.K)
    Reverse racism is not a real thing, if for example a black person insults a white person for being white, it´s just racism.
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Yes they can and its just called racism.

Calling something reverse racism, sexism etc is just a way to downplay the whatever has been said.

ReputationRep:
    Reverse racism doesn't exist...
    However black/asian/white people can all be (and a small percentage are) racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    from an article it stated that you can only be racist if you have privilege and power, which minorites dont have
    You should learn to use analytical thinking and logic to form your own views rather than parroting the witterings of some social justice warrior on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    You should learn to use analytical thinking and logic to form your own views rather than parroting the witterings of some social justice warrior on the internet.
    theres a reason i stated why it was from an article, ofc i can come up with my own veiw

ReputationRep:
    theres a reason i stated why it was from an article, ofc i can come up with my own veiw
    Has Tumblr started to create articles or is this idiocy spreading???

ReputationRep:
    theres a reason i stated why it was from an article
    Yes, you were fooled into resorting to the fallacy of the appeal to authority. But you didn't name your authority so that people could damn it with sensible argument.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but that's not true.

ReputationRep:
    Actually this is the definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

Also "you can only be racist if you´re privileged" is false. If someone insults another person for their race, it´s racism, that's it, no matter is that person is a minority or not.
    If I go to a country somewhere in Africa and insult someone for being black, that would be racist even if I am a minority there. Just as if someone black goes to Europe and insults a person for being white, that person would be racist even if they are a minority there.

ReputationRep:
    If I bully someone younger than me its called bullying. If someone younger than me bullies me its still called bullying. Not reverse Bullying. Same rules apply here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Yes, but that's not true.
    (Original post by Gabriela.K)
    Actually this is the definition of racism:

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior"

Also "you can only be racist if you´re privileged" is false. If someone insults another person for their race, it´s racism, that's it, no matter is that person is a minority or not.
    If I go to a country somewhere in Africa and insult someone for being black, that would be racist even if I am a minority there. Just as if someone black goes to Europe and insults a person for being white, that person would be racist even if they are a minority there.
    well it depends on your interpretation and veiw: read the two articles and tell me if it changes your vewi

(Original post by AlexS101)
    Has Tumblr started to create articles or is this idiocy spreading???
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b07addcb45da97
    http://www.dailydot.com/via/reverse-...-doesnt-exist/

ReputationRep:
    we live in a world where saying hi to a muslim is racist so id have to say no

(Original post by Daniel117100)
    we live in a world where saying hi to a muslim is racist so id have to say no
    Never heard of that?

Just saying an article has no credibility unless you reference it so we can verify it and people can assess its merits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Yes, you were fooled into resorting to the fallacy of the appeal to authority. But you didn't name your authority so that people could damn it with sensible argument.
    i wasn't 'fooled' into agreeing with it because of the reputation or 'authority' of the source, i already had that view, before I found out the website which helped source my view

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
American or British/European: what type of pancakes do you like?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.