Turn on thread page Beta

what do girls really look for in lads? watch

ReputationRep:
    dress sense! duno why but i always look at what shoes their wearing before anything else! lol! and then the rest as above..personality, eyes, hair! oh and he has to be a joker that can make me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    From my observations:

Arrogance
    Money
    Social Standing
    Looks/Body
    Clothes

Occaisionally, you might meet someone nice who is interested in nice guys, hobbies, interests, morals, principles, ethics etc. (i.e. traditionally desirable but (perceived as by most) 'boring' characteristics) but depending on who their friends are and how easily swayed they are, many of these will end up being more interested in items from the top list. I purposely keep myself unmarketable according to the top list for two reasons: i) Because I am happy enough with who I am not to comprimise my own integrity just to attract women and ii) Because I probably wouldn't like women who value arrogance, social status, money etc. higher than things which I consider a lot more important.
    /bitter experience

ReputationRep:
    Good-looking (face, then body)
    Sense of humour compatible with mine
    Similar intelligence level to me
    Is nice to me (compliments etc)
    High enough sex drive to keep up with me, open-minded in bed (v. imp)

Money is nice, lol.

ReputationRep:
    good looking, funny, intelligent, caring and all the prince on a white horse stuff you can imagine

ReputationRep:
    Personality and Looks.

:tee:

ReputationRep:
    A big big willy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kristafon)
    Your the reason women end up in abusive relationships. If you got for a knob eventually he will treat you like a knob back again.

Have you ever stopped to think, im talking to you and the original poster of that quote, that their arrogance could actualy be due to a lack of actual confidence, ie. and insecurity.

Ever heard of a woman who has been though "a string of violent realtionships?" maybe its because they go for the sort of men who will kick the crap out of them a bit down the line every singly time.
    That's just a pointless descent into hyperbole. What makes you think there's some big link between arrogance and violence? I'm easily the most arrogant person I know, yet I'm never violent and the idea of being violent to someone I love is just abhorrent. My girlfriend has often said that one of the nice things about going out with me is that she's one of the few people who gets to see the person underneath the arrogant exterior.

Arrogance means an inflated sense of self-importance, but it's only among men who are already stupid and violent does this mean it has any link to violence towards partners; I've got plenty of experience of arrogant people and I know very few of them would express their arrogance through violence.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say...
    1. A nice caring funny personality
    2.Eyes
    3. Cool Hair
    4. Dress sense
    5. Thier bum
    6. A cute smile
    and... thier height, cant be going out with a short lad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tailz)
    I'd say...
    1. A nice caring funny personality
    2.Eyes
    3. Cool Hair
    4. Dress sense
    5. Thier bum
    6. A cute smile
    and... thier height, cant be going out with a short lad lol

Oh dear, the little lads can be very sensitive, i would run for your life if i were you, they're probably about to arrive and jump on their (admittedly small) soapboxes in a few moments...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's important for a guy to be:
    Nice.

Nice guys are always a winner for me- what is it with girls who like slightly dodgy guys? Do they really want to be treated badly? Straaaange.

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 16, I looked for just people who would care for me. But over the last few months, I have sadly realised I need to actually be attracted to that person too, but I dont want some idiot, uncaring guy. So I'd say;
    1. Personality
    2. Nice looks or at least a lad who has a bit of pride in himself
    3. Sense of humour
    4. Romance
    5. A bit of stability, but not clinginess

ReputationRep:
    I always look twice at a boy if they make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosephineM)
    I totally agree!!! Arrogance is so ****ing sexy! Not to mention dark hair and piercing eyes ...
    A guy showing you that he is into you is not sexy. Sorry.
    On me, how could it not be?

ReputationRep:
    Because its not sexy when you have no reason to be arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    Physically someone just a bit taller than me with good hair, a nice smile.
    In terms of personality he has gotta be sweet, kind, caring, confident, funny and has to treat me well etc.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    i agree with 3232, small people are just trouble in general. small people man, who needs them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    i agree with 3232, small people are just trouble in general. small people man, who needs them?
    Yeah, manlets suck. As do black people and whites.

I love being green.

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the girl i suppose. Personally i go for lads with a good funny personality and a rather romantic one who holds your hand and tells you stuff like personal stuff. i'll not go into it lol. Luckily for me though, i've got my perfect lad though and he's all that.

Most girls nowadays go for the looks i think though, a lot would just say yeah to anyone i think. The ones at school do anyway.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think a lot of girls want a guy with a good personality who is not up his own rear end and can make her laugh and treat her with respect.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.