Confused, Pissed, & Ignored

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    **warning a lot of stupidity in this post lol**

The guy I had been dating just completely ignored me. We have been in a very weird space for the past month or so. Communication has broken down quite a bit.

So I'll admit the issues started with me. I tried to end things. I realized that I was being dumb and I apologized a week later. He said everything was fine but I got the vibe that he was still upset so I didn't respond to his message. I wanted to give him space but in retrospect not responding probably wasn't a good idea. So I finally reached out to him 4/5 days later. We talked and then a week went by and he wanted to see me. I blew him off (thought he was toying with me). We don't talk for 2 weeks and my friend sees that he's around my way so I reached out to him. I shot him a quick text and said "Molly said you're around my way. Wanted to grab coffee. Let me know. Miss you". No response. As my friend told me I had it coming since I blew him off and then waited 2 weeks to reach out.

A few days later he contacts me and everything felt like how it was before all the stupid games. So after 9 days I finally initiate contact with him and I call. I left a voicemail saying "I called because wanted to address the elephant in the room. Give me a call back when you get a chance".

That was 3 days ago and he didn't call back. Wth?
    Just really confused right now. He absolutely HATES talking about feelings and he's terrible with communicating but seriously? Confused and pissed right now :/

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you've blown it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    It sounds like you've blown it.
    How though? Just a little over a week before he was the one flirting with me.

ReputationRep:
    Well lets see here...

It looks like you're toying with him and you're gearing up to reject him. If a girl reached out to me and then went 9 days to say something only to say we need to talk I would think he's withdrawing and gearing up to reject me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks that's what's going on. Especially since you said he doesn't like talking about feelings and is bad with communicating he probably wants to avoid being kicked to the curb. Just the same way you think he's messing with you and rejecting you I bet you he's thinking the same thing. Both of you need to stop playing games.

ReputationRep:
    Well let's see. 1]. You tried to end things with him, but then changed your mind and apologised. 2]. You then didn't respond to his message. 3]. You leave it 4 or 5 days to reach out to him. 4]. Then you "blew him off " [sounds rude !] again and didn't speak to him for two weeks. 5]. You then "reach out to him" again saying, you miss him. Then he contacts you and you say all seems fine, but then, 6]. You don't contact him for a further 9 days. You sound as though you have been using him and messing with him. Turn it all around and if he behaved that way towards you how would you feel?

ReputationRep:
    Well let's see. 1]. You tried to end things with him, but then changed your mind and apologised. 2]. You then didn't respond to his message. 3]. You leave it 4 or 5 days to reach out to him. 4]. Then you "blew him off " [sounds rude !] again and didn't speak to him for two weeks. 5]. You then "reach out to him" again saying, you miss him. Then he contacts you and you say all seems fine, but then, 6]. You don't contact him for a further 9 days. You sound as though you have been using him and messing with him. Turn it all around and if he behaved that way towards you how would you feel?
    Perfectly summed up :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I said! Doesn't it seem like after 9 days of silence, she calls to have a talk about things, is a set up for kicking him to the curb? That's what I would think if I were him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannmann92)
    That's exactly what I said! Doesn't it seem like after 9 days of silence, she calls to have a talk about things, is a set up for kicking him to the curb? That's what I would think if I were him.
    Yep.Or OP is expecting him to do all the chasing, even when she dumps him and blows him off.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.Or OP is expecting him to do all the chasing, even when she dumps him and blows him off.
    Wait, it looks like me wanting to talk about us was me getting ready to reject him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aec2016)
    Wait, it looks like me wanting to talk about us was me getting ready to reject him?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    Sheesh and let me guess you would've ignored me too? Or I shouldn't be surprised that he ignored me?

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't get pissed then you might not be so confused and he might not ignore you. Being an alcoholic is not attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If you didn't get pissed then you might not be so confused and he might not ignore you. Being an alcoholic is not attractive.
    I bet you're fun at parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbblitz)
    I bet you're fun at parties.
    I might not be fun at parties, but at least I don't use Americanisms to describe being upset when talking to British people and subsequently appear to be saying I'm drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I might not be fun at parties, but at least I don't use Americanisms to describe being upset when talking to British people and subsequently appear to be saying I'm drunk
    ****, I guess that's the Scotsman coming out in me inn not even questioning that she meant drunk haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aec2016)
    Sheesh and let me guess you would've ignored me too? Or I shouldn't be surprised that he ignored me?
    I don't quite understand what you're getting at. I'm female, so find it a bit difficult to relate.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.