Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this bad? Sending a picture of yourself (a sexy pic, so that they know what you really look like, perhaps in a bikini) to a dude overseas that you're not attracted to, but are just platonic friends with.

Because... I told my BF what I did (at least was honest about it) and now he's threatened to break up with me!!! I know it was a bit immature, and I didn't think (just didn't think, of the consequences or anything like that) but I don't call it cheating, tho he does. What's the deal?

Anyway, he says that if I've got one more chance, but I have to like, do things to prove I'll be faithful in future, so help me out guys - what are things I could do? I've already decided on making him something food-wise, but as sweet as that sounds, don't know if it will work.

ReputationRep:
    I think what you did was understandable, you don't want people seeing you looking your worst when you could show them a nicer version of yourself. Don't suck up to your boyfriend he'll milk it forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Is this bad? Sending a picture of yourself (a sexy pic, so that they know what you really look like, perhaps in a bikini) to a dude overseas that you're not attracted to, but are just platonic friends with.

Because... I told my BF what I did (at least was honest about it) and now he's threatened to break up with me!!! I know it was a bit immature, and I didn't think (just didn't think, of the consequences or anything like that) but I don't call it cheating, tho he does. What's the deal?

Anyway, he says that if I've got one more chance, but I have to like, do things to prove I'll be faithful in future, so help me out guys - what are things I could do? I've already decided on making him something food-wise, but as sweet as that sounds, don't know if it will work.
    its one thing sending someone a picture so that they know what you look like- eg a head a shoulders pic of your face....or when you are fully clothed but I would agree with your boyfriend in that it is not appropriate to send pictures of yourself only wearing a bikini to someone who is not your boyfriend....
    Perhaps you should organise a special evening to show him how much he means to you....take him out for a meal and buy him some little presents that you think he will like and get him an 'i love you' card.....
    Explain to him that you didn't think before you did it and that you are truly sorry and it will never happen again....
    Would you like it if he send pictures on him in his spedos to other women?? I think not!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)

Ruthiepoothie... Is your piggy exercising or praying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    Ruthiepoothie... Is your piggy exercising or praying?
    i'm not sure....
    but i think he is doing his warm up exercises before hitting the swimming pool!! (hence the swimming cap!)

ReputationRep:
    i'm not sure....
    but i think he is doing his warm up exercises before hitting the swimming pool!! (hence the swimming cap!)
    Oh yes... Silly me!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should organise a special evening to show him how much he means to you....take him out for a meal and buy him some little presents that you think he will like and get him an 'i love you' card.....
    Explain to him that you didn't think before you did it and that you are truly sorry and it will never happen again....
    Would you like it if he send pictures on him in his spedos to other women?? I think not!!
    Yeah, that is great advice..uh...ruthie (is that - ur name, or just something else made up?). Yes, I recognise that what I did was inappropriate, so I will being planning things to make him know just how much he means to me (because he does! I'm just a flirt sometimes and don't even realise it, which is scary, but true).

He's into plants, which is strange for a guy of 24 (he's a bit older than me, which I guess added to the jealousy), but maybe I might buy him a tree or something.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that is great advice..uh...ruthie (is that - ur name, or just something else made up?). Yes, I recognise that what I did was inappropriate, so I will being planning things to make him know just how much he means to me (because he does! I'm just a flirt sometimes and don't even realise it, which is scary, but true).

He's into plants, which is strange for a guy of 24 (he's a bit older than me, which I guess added to the jealousy), but maybe I might buy him a tree or something.
    a plant would be a lovely idea- maybe a bonsai tree??? or a cactus??
    or maybe (if you're feeling really adventurous) find a plant which has a latin name which translates into something romantic, like the love plant or something (if there is such a thing!!)

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    it might be worth reading this:

http://www.backyardgardener.com/article/latinwords.html

it has reference to plants which names mean love, such as GYPSOPHILA

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    I think he's just trying to find an excuse to break up with you. Us guys are like that, you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I think he's just trying to find an excuse to break up with you. Us guys are like that, you know.
    Sounds harsh, but I agree.

Unless of course he's just an overreacting insecure little galimimus (so cute). Sending a picture of yourself in a bikini need not be the end of the world. Fair enough, he's alright to get jealous about it (I would) but just a little bit - if he's threatening to break up with you over that I think you need to have a word with him, not the other way around.

And if you are a flirty type person, surely he knows this and he should accept you for what you are anyway (oh so cliche) - if you are, and you enjoy being like that, but know you wouldn't go too (another bold word there) far, then just tell him, and if he can't accept it, tough.

ReputationRep:
    No offense to ruthie but that's a stupid idea. If he isn't man enough to trust it was nothing then you should think about why your actually with him. Plus you don't have to prove anything, it's you life and if you give in to him once he's gonna be asking for more and more.

ReputationRep:

just a question: why on earth do you want the other guy to see what you really look like (basically, what you look like with very few clothes on)?
    Of course, you could go on a beach and all the guys around would see you like that but I don't think that's the problem. The trouble is, why would he necessarily need to see you like that?
    Of course your boyfriend's overreacting but still, that must be the question he's asking himself.

i'm not sure....
    lol yeah, i found your piggy searching for an avatar but decided not to steal him away from you, i prefer Marky.

Anyway, back on topic, your boyfriend is over-reacting, just ignore him for a while until he calms down.

ReputationRep:

That's what most guys are like. Jealousy is something built into our genes and cannot be controlled, much like our libido.

The best thing you could do is make him feel like he's not losing you and build up some trust. The more beautiful and attractive you are, the harder you will have to work because he is probably thinking ''you are so damn sexy that you could have any guy you wanted, so why me?''.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as the trouble started with you sending a picture.. I think you should get a camera and take a bunch of pictures! Ones of you, ones of you two together, if there are any special places or things that evoke memories.. use up a whole roll of film, get them developed, and give them all to him. Tell them that they're just for him, and no-one else, to prove that he's the only one you REALLY want to give pictures to! (even if it's not true )

ReputationRep:

If you are over 16, then a 25 minute BJ would be sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    If you are over 16, then a 25 minute BJ would be sufficient.
    hahahaah thats classic.....ehem i mean thats very crass! shame on you.

ReputationRep:
    bum...who cares who you sent a pic to
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    if hes jealous then he obviously doesn't trust you.

dump him for a younger, faster model

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.