Website Feedback

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    This website has nothing to do with me and I have been asked to do this for a friend for his project.

Can someone please give me some feedback on this website:

https://www.justcuckoos.co.uk/

Let me know what you think looks bad about it, what looks good, what works and
    what doesn't. Every bit of feedback will be really appreciated! I don't mind if you're
    a freelance web developer or this is your first time launching a website, we need
    feedback from all types of people.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Overall I like the clean design. Good to see it is responsive as well.

Couple things im not so keen on:
    1) I found the landing page a bit odd in that you have the splash with an "all-clocks" button in the middle but you also have a selection of clocks underneath why are you showing me that selection of clocks ? Are they on offer ? New additions ? I have no idea.
    2) You need to scroll to see all the search filters.
    3) The shopping basket icon wasn''t immediatly obviouse as a basket to me.
    4) I'd reduce the fade-in duration on the clocks a fraction.

5)Had a quick look at the source code(couldn't resist it is more my area of expertise) looks like your declaring all your functions within document ready as function expressions but without the var keyword. This will make them all global functions which could conflict with other scripts and is generally bad practise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    Overall I like the clean design. Good to see it is responsive as well.

Couple things im not so keen on:
    1) I found the landing page a bit odd in that you have the splash with an "all-clocks" button in the middle but you also have a selection of clocks underneath why are you showing me that selection of clocks ? Are they on offer ? New additions ? I have no idea.
    2) You need to scroll to see all the search filters.
    3) The shopping basket icon wasn''t immediatly obviouse as a basket to me.
    4) I'd reduce the fade-in duration on the clocks a fraction.

5)Had a quick look at the source code(couldn't resist it is more my area of expertise) looks like your declaring all your functions within document ready as function expressions but without the var keyword. This will make them all global functions which could conflict with other scripts and is generally bad practise.
    This is exactly what I was looking for!
    Would you agree with this?
    1 - The homepage header looks chunky and poorly designed and doesn't implement a logo.
    2 - Some pages just have a clear white background, I don't think this looks good at all.

Thank you very much

I like it but the image on the main page is too big.
    I like clean and simple but theres a chance it might just be too boring. Not much use of graphics to give you some branding.
    Youve hidden away a lot of the menus down the bottom, as said the basket is hard to see.
    Maybe consider a side bar or tabs?
    I also want to see who i'm dealing with and what you stand for quite quickly.
    Also thought just a page of clocks was quite overwhelming. It would be nice for someone who doesnt know about cuckoo clocks to be informed. Maybe some text for each section?
    Also as I found the selection page ok, it might also be worthwhile or more convenient when accessing the enlarged images to be able to do a slideshow view that way instead of having to revert to the main menu, which is fiddly.

So I'm much more about content and presentation of information plus branding.

ReputationRep:
    Your website is great! I like the way it looks and works. I have an itch to create a website of mine too. I'm absolutely non-tech person, so I going to use one of these website builders - http://www.webbuildersguide.com/ . Hope, it will be as powerful as yours

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.