Are you an organ donor?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I am, I'm donating all my organs when I die. What good is my organs rotting in the ground or in as ash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Not L)
    I am, I'm donating all my organs when I die. What good is my organs rotting in the ground or in as ash?
    I put myself down for everything but eyes because it would just be so freaky to think of someone walking around with my eyes still...

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm down for everything. I have been since 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by some1youdontknow)
    I put myself down for everything but eyes because it would just be so freaky to think of someone walking around with my eyes still...
    but if you were dead you would have no conciousness so therefore you would have no feelings either way

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to liver lot longer before thinking about death.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'd like to liver lot longer before thinking about death.

:getmecoat:
    I just spat out my drink PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    So am I There are so many people out there that need an organ transplant, but there just isn't enough donors to meed demand. I don't understand why more people don't do it. Why would you want your organs rotting/disintegrating into ash when you could save a life?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am, for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    So am I There are so many people out there that need an organ transplant, but there just isn't enough donors to meed demand. I don't understand why more people don't do it. Why would you want your organs rotting/disintegrating into ash when you could save a life?
    I completely agree with you, I guess some people think their precious but we take so much resources from our planet, I would want to put something back in when I go

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with you, I guess some people think their precious but we take so much resources from our planet, I would want to put something back in when I go
    What's annoying is that they're not. It just shows how selfish most people are

ReputationRep:
    Yes for everything,they re no use to me when I m dead.

ReputationRep:
    but if you were dead you would have no conciousness so therefore you would have no feelings either way
    I know I know, it's just weird to think.

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to but i haven't yet signed to the register. I would love to be of help someday since my dad has had an organ transplant and i would hate for anyone to go through what he did,

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm an organ donor. I signed up after my papa was put onto the transplant list and is still awaiting a new kidney . Sadly I'm not a match for him but I hope my organs can be used to help others when I die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been an organ donor since I was 15 and it was one of the best choices I've ever made

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! I'm also a bone marrow donor.

ReputationRep:
    No. Let them die.

ReputationRep:
    Hell ****ing no when i come back as a zombie i wanted to be able to process every part of you

ReputationRep:
    did you know that people who get donated kidneys, then have 3 kidneys, so greedy.:rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Not (yet) Kinda annoying that your family can over-rule you... Maybe if I had my own family and my future spouse agreed, then maybe I'd join (Asians are so bad for this)THough they're fine with me being:A regular blood donor
    On the register for bone marrow transplants

I can't donate my platelets however, which is a bit of a shame. Very few people can I hear and well they're in more need of supply (Though it is a bigger commitment I guess)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.