Turn on thread page Beta

I'm female and had sex for the first time on Sunday. It hurt at first when he entered me and when I went to the toilet after I realised that I was actually bleeding quite heavily. I know this is because my hymen broke and was ok with that. I didn't bleed or anything yesterday but today I've had slight abdomen pains and have been bleeding. To be honest I can't actually tell whether it's just that my period has come or whether I'm still sort of healing from Sunday. I'm crap at dates and can usually tell when my period's due by instinct, but this has thrown me a bit and for some reason it worries me slightly when I don't know what my body's upto!

Have any other females experienced bleeding days after having sex? I'm just wondering whether it's normal.

i just bled a bit straight after and it hurt but the bleedig stopped by the time i woke up... so i dunno but thats jst my experience

it hurts less everytime, and its better if you're more relaxed/turned on (i.e. foreplay)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't bleed at all. It's possible that perhaps my hymen broke centuries before that for no reason in particular.

I'm a bit worried that you're feeling abdominal pains. It's possible you're on your period. But surely - you WOULD know if you were on your period, right? RIGHT? Think back to when your last one was...I know what you mean about being terrible with dates, I need to write all mine down.

I bled for three, maybe four days after losing my virginity ... I was getting quite worried! It wasn't very much blood though, more like very light spotting - surely this is the difference between virginity-related bleeding and your period.

I also bled after sex the next six or seven times we had it, and was just about ready to go to the doctor, when it all cleared up. I think I must have had a very resilient hymen!

ReputationRep:
    I also bled a bit a few days after... but again, it was VERY light and was in no way confusable (if that's a word...) with my period...

ReputationRep:
    No right after it, I actually wondered if I was having my period or not, because there was so much blood. But I didnt bleed at all after that.

If you had 'rough' sex your first time that could explain the abdominal pain? but i think it's more likely to be your period. I didn't bleed my first time. but since changing partners (he's considerably more well endowed) sometimes if I'm not turned on enough it's painful when he inserts (not when he gets going) afterwards there's some bleeding but only afterwards when I go to the toilet and there's not much blood at all. If you don't think it's your period, get yourself to the doctors.

Thank you so much for the replies everyone. I'm starting to think that it must be my period because surely I wouldn't be constantly bleeding if it was just from the bit that was torn! I don't have abdominal pains now so yesterday must have been the first day of my period. I'm a bit embarrassed that I can't even tell the difference, but I mean it was a pretty major new thing for me so I suppose I haven't been as in tune with my body as I usually am.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.