Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Social Life Without Uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What's it like getting a job and living at home instead of going to uni? Is it boring? My parents don't live near a city and I doubt I would be able to move out? Really don't fancy working my youth away and just getting bored and lonely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake43)
    What's it like getting a job and living at home instead of going to uni? Is it boring? My parents don't live near a city and I doubt I would be able to move out? Really don't fancy working my youth away and just getting bored and lonely
    Well I'm on a gap year so I'm not sure if it counts but I am currently experiencing living at home and having a job (retail) while the majority of my year group went to uni. To be honest, I couldn't imagine not going to uni next year - I just don't know what I'd do, without uni I can kind of see myself living at home and working in retail for the rest of my life which I really don't want.

Anyway, no I'm not bored yet, I want to try some new things and I do have close friends living here that didn't go to uni so that makes me quite lucky I guess. I imagine it would be a really different story had all my friends gone to uni.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.