What is a relationship ?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

I used to talk to this girl, not so much now but it made me realise, basically she is part time at my work place as has uni. But I was thinking if we were to hit it off, how would we spend time, since ive finished uni.

I understand we would meet up for a meal or ice cream, but when would we actually talk like have a nice chat, like when you have the chemistry with each other.

I mean meeting up once or twice and week and phone calls and text messages is not a proper relationship is it ? You would want to be with each other and watch a movie at home or cuddle up on the sofa, but you wont be able to do that since you dont have your own place.

At uni it was different you would be with each other often and would know each other very quickly and there was plent of opportunities. But when your working its difficult maintaining a relationship.

I understand if you both want to be with each other you can make it work, but you need to be dedicated. But when your in a full time job its hard.

Isnt a dinner date too formal, I mean you want to go out and have a laugh, like at Uni you could do that at your halls or whatever

What do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    All relationships are different. If that's all that can be made time for, then you have to decide if you are happy with it and if it's worth it.

For me, when I wake up the first thing I do is text my boyfriend. And the last thing I do before bed is say good night to him. We talk via text most days, although our schedules often conflict. Even while he's away on vacation right now (a regular occurrence: his family frequently goes on month-long vacations a couple times a year) he goes down to the car every couple of nights to try and get some privacy to call me - and I set an alarm as due to the time difference we can only really talk at 7-9am GMT realistically. And of course that's further limited by the fact at that some days I'll be travelling to college at that time. Related to college, actually, while I slept last night he tracked down some textbooks for me that I had mentioned to him I was struggling to get a hold of. And he helped spread the survey URL in my signature when he woke up before he left the hotel. He's not in education, but he still shows an interest and encourages attendance and proof-reads my work for me. He is (technically) self-employed as a website editor and game tester, so I look over any content he wants a second opinion on. And if a game testing session isn't going well I often call him so he has someone to talk to. We're very much in tune with each other's lives all of the time despite having to rely mostly on text. We've been together over a year and a half, and it's always been this way. While I'd love if I could just physically be with him all of the time it's just not possible right now. But it's absolutely 100% worth it because I love him - and he is the only person I've dated I can honestly say this about.

(Original post by sinfonietta)
    x
    Thats nice, but still I would want to cuddle to my potential girlfriend if that was the case. I really like the lovey dovey things like, me lending her my top and her giving me like a hoody with her scent on it.

I understand what your saying if you want to make it work you can, however in my case I think the girl has drifted apart. Like I said lack of making time was a down side for me.

In your case its different as you boyfriend goes away. I know what your saying everyones different, and distance doesnt matter.

Btw with a crush dont you think a dinner date is too formal, you need somewhere where you can have a laugh and mess around.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.