The Student Room Group

First graded paper- Just started A-levels in Sept 2016

So I have just started A-levels and have got my First initial assessment marked. My chemistry was marked at 57% and a D. What do believe my grades will be at the end of the AS year from past experiences if i work hard?
You'll be fine. I got E's at the beginning of my AS year and I came out with A's - don't swear it, at first it's very difficult to adjust to the jump between GCSE and AS but you'll improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
You'll be fine. I got E's at the beginning of my AS year and I came out with A's - don't swear it, at first it's very difficult to adjust to the jump between GCSE and AS but you'll improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get in trouble a lot because of those grades at the start? Especially at parents evening?
Reply 3
Don't worry, my grades ranged from A's to U's in all my subjects and I got ABBB at AS
Reply 4
As long as you start working, you can easily get an A.
Don't let yourself fall behind now, though. If you don't get this stuff now, you won't get any of it.

See where you went wrong and improve on that.
Original post by MajorFader
Did you get in trouble a lot because of those grades at the start? Especially at parents evening?

Not really - practically every teacher knows that people do badly at the beginning of the year and they accept it - as long as you pull your grades up by December time, they won't bat an eye (or at least that's what it was like at my college) And I did get in trouble with my mum on parents evening over a particularly disastrous Chemistry mock but that's to be expected. Don't worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest