Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So what are people's opinions of the freshers lineup?

Hopefully i'll be able to blag my way in for free as a freshers helper...

ReputationRep:
    I'm well excited! Glad there's an indie night, but I'm torn between that and Pendulum...
    When and where can you get tickets for the ball?

ReputationRep:
    Pendulum by a ****ing mile...best night of the year by far....

ReputationRep:
    You'll be able to get tickets to the Freshers' Ball either online (I forget what login is required and when you will get that) or in Advance, which is a shop inside the Student Union.

Pendulum seem to bring a curse wherever they go. They played last year, didn't come on before 2am at which point the fire alarm went off and I was simply too shattered to wait around half an hour (with a 10am seminar the next morning) and so went back to halls. A friend went to see them in London, got lost and ended up on a bench somewhere missing them. And another friend saw them in Reading but again they left it so late that she was shattered and didn't enjoy the set.

(Original post by Quinion)
    You'll be able to get tickets to the Freshers' Ball either online (I forget what login is required and when you will get that) or in Advance, which is a shop inside the Student Union.

Pendulum seem to bring a curse wherever they go. They played last year, didn't come on before 2am at which point the fire alarm went off and I was simply too shattered to wait around half an hour (with a 10am seminar the next morning) and so went back to halls. A friend went to see them in London, got lost and ended up on a bench somewhere missing them. And another friend saw them in Reading but again they left it so late that she was shattered and didn't enjoy the set.
    Its your student number so 07***** or 06 or whatever to log in to the union website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    Its your student number so 07***** or 06 or whatever to log in to the union website
    That's the one. It's saved automatically on my login so I never think twice about which username goes to which Warwick application (email / student union / MyInsite etc).

ReputationRep:
    I remember filling it in on so many forms in the initial admin process that by the time i arrived knew it anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    indeed, indeed. As far as unis and bands go, well Warwick actually do quite well for getting bands. I mean, theyre not to everyone's (read: my) taste, but they're still known, and we do get more than a lot of unis. Durham, for example, get bugger all. Its difficult to compete with stereotypical student centres like loughborough and B'ham, but we get a shedload.

Last year: Boy Kill Boy, the Foundations, Captain, Milburn, the View, Switches, Ash, Pendulum, assorted soap stars, assorted tribute bands (Take This, woo!), Biffy Clyro...ummm, I can't remember any more, too much alcohol, but we did have a fair few. And we already have Brakes, We Are Scientists , Nine Black Alps and Idlewild booked for this year. PLus the NME fresher tour (ie the Go! Team). And I'm sure it won't be long before SUEnts try and book more indie pop crap like pigeon detectives, or the twang (god help us), or the enemy.

ReputationRep:
    Idlewild = best band EVER!! My absolute fav can't believe they're playing next month

ReputationRep:
    Well hey there Katie! Haven't seen you around these parts for a while! Yeah I'm pleased too, they rock!

ReputationRep:
    is it just me or is this freshers line up less than impressive? why are people getting excited over bodger and badger instead of getting pissed off? to me the only artists coming that excite me are pendulum and amerie. but even most people only like one or two of her songs and would agree the rest are ****e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqfrenzy)
    is it just me or is this freshers line up less than impressive? why are people getting excited over bodger and badger instead of getting pissed off? to me the only artists coming that excite me are pendulum and amerie. but even most people only like one or two of her songs and would agree the rest are ****e.
    I was listing the events to a friend over MSN the other night, and as I kept going it really hit me that it's a poor lineup to say the least (I'm speaking more about the entire term than just Freshers' Fortnight, but the FF sums it up). I said earlier that B&B sound intriguing..well, they do a bit, but it's not exactly something to turn round to other unis and boast about. "HA! We got Bodger and Badger!" Not so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinion)
    I was listing the events to a friend over MSN the other night, and as I kept going it really hit me that it's a poor lineup to say the least (I'm speaking more about the entire term than just Freshers' Fortnight, but the FF sums it up). I said earlier that B&B sound intriguing..well, they do a bit, but it's not exactly something to turn round to other unis and boast about. "HA! We got Bodger and Badger!" Not so much.
    Indeed, well, whats on offer is decent certainly, id go as far as to say it was better that last year, but nothing sensational thats going to have me seriously wowed. That said im seeing the Manics in brum in december which will make up for it all

ReputationRep:
    lol the only people that are know that are lined up are amerie and that girl from neighbours. what am i gonna be doing for 2 weeks!! who's up for going to find better entertainment somewhere else? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini moi)
    lol the only people that are know that are lined up are amerie and that girl from neighbours. what am i gonna be doing for 2 weeks!! who's up for going to find better entertainment somewhere else? lol
    Its not that bad lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.