Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What does your favourite punctuation mark say about you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    See this article.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ellipses (…): An indecisive and flighty person. You lose your train of thought easily. You are a follower and like to let other people take the risks. You often misplace your keys or spend ten minutes looking for the glasses you’re already wearing.
    This is surprisingly accurate for me. :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    See this article.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Bullets.

ReputationRep:
    Comma (,): The peacemaker. You like to help others, and you get along with everyone. You like to make sure people understand each other. You like clarity as much as the Period type, but, unlike him, you don’t subscribe to the “less is more” theory. You believe more information is better than not enough. For this reason you sometimes confuse others and can become tiresome. But, in general, you’re fun, or at least tolerable, to be around. If not, you can make people think you are.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Period (.): Type A personality. You are decisive and clear. You have no difficulty with setting limits. Often a stodgy person that no one else thinks is any fun to hang out with. You tend to be good with technology and have the latest gadgets.

This is me. I use periods a lot. Even when commas or semi-colons can be used. I'm also good with technology and gadgets. I'm also boring.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and how accurate is the description you're given?

Apostrophe (‘): You’re casual and carefree. You’re always the one who has random things in your purse or glove compartment that no one else would think to carry around but somehow you end up in situations where it’s a good thing you had that thumb-tack on you. You have lots of friends, usually without really trying. People just like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Period (.): Type A personality. You are decisive and clear. You have no difficulty with setting limits. Often a stodgy person that no one else thinks is any fun to hang out with. You tend to be good with technology and have the latest gadgets.

This is me. I use periods a lot. Even when commas or semi-colons can be used. I'm also good with technology and gadgets. I'm also boring.
    You are actually far from boring. At least from what I've seen of you on TSR..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM6)
    Bullets.
    Fair enough.

I do wonder how that description was decided, though...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You are actually far from boring. At least from what I've seen of you on TSR..
    Thanks, but in real life I am :lol:

ReputationRep:
    See this article.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Exclamation point
    (!):

I am that one.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

I do wonder how that description was decided, though...
    No idea. Most likely to be a comma, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always using hyphens.

Hyphen (-): You like having fun. You are often creative and are very social. You like throwing parties, though you may call on your Colon type friends to organize them. You’re more likely to be impulsive and throw unlikely things together. No one would be surprised that your decor is shabby-modern or artsy-classic.

Mostly accurate, but the older I get the less I like parties :lol:

ReputationRep:
    At symbol (@): You’re very social, sometimes overly. You’re the one who always takes a phone call in the middle of a conversation. You also spend way too much time online. Go get some fresh air. Taking your iPhone out on the porch doesn’t count.

This perfectly sums up me tbh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    At symbol (@): You’re very social, sometimes overly. You’re the one who always takes a phone call in the middle of a conversation. You also spend way too much time online. Go get some fresh air. Taking your iPhone out on the porch doesn’t count.

This perfectly sums up me tbh :rofl:
    Are you on your phone right now? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Are you on your phone right now? :mmm:
    :yep: Yes, bro :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol: I just ended a call which lasted for 25 mins i think :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Exclamation point (!): You are excitable and anxious. You don’t self-censor welland think that your opinion always matters. You use italics a lot inwritten communication. You get nervouseasily and are often too loud. You’re either an overly-affectionate or a meandrunk. You’re fun at parties.
    Why is this the truth??? LOL I do tend to be very overly affectionate and yeah so many people have said to me that I am a mean drunk......LOL

ReputationRep:
    I use exclamation marks most, but I would say my favourite is semi-colon. I'd say the first is how others would describe me and the latter is how I would describe myself haha.**

ReputationRep:
    period and slash really. I'm a very complex person (my ways of thinking and my sense of humour are by far the wierdest) however this means i am the most boring person i know. i pretty much never make my friends laugh unless i do something stupid or unintentially say some banter. I like it though, could be worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    period and slash really. I'm a very complex person (my ways of thinking and my sense of humour are by far the wierdest) however this means i am the most boring person i know. i pretty much never make my friends laugh unless i do something stupid or unintentially say some banter. I like it though, could be worse
    This is exactly what happens with me around my friends. :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    One of my friends believes that I'm sassy at heart because of some stupid comments I make. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Question mark (?): Indecisive and uncertain. You over-analyze. You may be shy and have low self esteem. People usually have no idea you're there.

This is oddly very true :/
    Forget about personality tests, just tell people to pick a punctuation mark. :rofl:

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.