Virgin Media Grad Scheme 2017 - Video Interview?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you had this interview before? I just got the email but i've read that they only ask 3-4 questions, and the interview only takes 15 mins.

I need a little more to go on so I know exactly what kind of answers I need to prepare.

If anybody has done this before, please give me a shout!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also got the email last night for the video interview.

Haven't done it yet but from reading up online it seems like they'll ask something along the lines of "why did you choose this role?"

Another one I saw said they were asked about what extracurricular activities they take part in (although this was in 2014, so could have changed).

Doesn't seem like it needs too much preparation. Let me know if you do yours anytime soon! Hoping to do mine on Monday as I have 2 others to do this week!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also got the invitation to Video interview yesterday only.

I was also wondering on the sort of question that they'd be asking and what sort of expectations they hold from us with respect to the answers.

I plan on giving it on tuesday. How are you going about it?

ReputationRep:
    Which scheme did you apply for?

I've been trying to find answers about how the interview is set up but there doesn't seem to be much. I want to know how much time you get before answering the question, and whether you can redo your answer if you make a mistake.

Just to make sure i'm fully prepared lol don't want to mess this one up!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied recently as internal candidate but going through the normal process, will be having my video interview next week.

So, as far as I know it can range from 3 to 7 questions depending on the role. Everyone should be able to record their answer twice, however I am not sure if just one answer can be recorded twice or you have option for all of them.

From what I can tell questions are more about you as a person and whether you would be a good fit as a person, obviously some knowledge about the company as a whole, products and recent campaigns will be required.

Check the values of the company and try to have your answers centered about them.

When are you guys doing your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Commercial Marketing, wbu?

I think you get like 3 minutes to prepare before you answer and there is no second chance in answering the questions.

That is in my knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for the commercial marketing as well

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've just taken the video interview for Commercial Marketing - I won't write all the Qs out partly because I can't remember them all (the whole interview felt like a blur) and because they were quite specific to marketing so will probably be different for each role.

There are 8 Qs although 3 of those are just yes or no answers (have you achieved a 2:1 etc). Heads up - none of them are competency based so research Virgin Media as a company!

You get 30 secs to prepare an answer, you can have a break between Qs. Each question gives between 1-2 mins to answer (each of them varied).

All in all, I think they were fair questions, and as long as you know the company, you'll be fine. Although I never want to watch those video clips back again, I blabbed a lot.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ASky93;68067402]Hi guys, I've just taken the video interview for Commercial Marketing - I won't write all the Qs out partly because I can't remember them all (the whole interview felt like a blur) and because they were quite specific to marketing so will probably be different for each role.

There are 8 Qs although 3 of those are just yes or no answers (have you achieved a 2:1 etc). Heads up - none of them are competency based so research Virgin Media as a company!

You get 30 secs to prepare an answer, you can have a break between Qs. Each question gives between 1-2 mins to answer (each of them varied).

All in all,

Hey, thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASky93)
    Hi guys, I've just taken the video interview for Commercial Marketing - I won't write all the Qs out partly because I can't remember them all (the whole interview felt like a blur) and because they were quite specific to marketing so will probably be different for each role.

All in all, I think they were fair questions, and as long as you know the company, you'll be fine. Although I never want to watch those video clips back again, I blabbed a lot.

Oh my god this is invaluable honestly. Thank you so much for updating us. I am also applying for Commercial Marketing only. So would you suggest us researching about the company more or dwell into the job description more?

Moreover, what would you suggest we should dress? Formally or like casual, asking as Virgin Media seems like a firm which has a chilled out work culture.

ReputationRep:
    No, you only had one shot unfortunately. There was a practice Q at the start that you could re record over and over again until you felt comfortable doing the real thing!

But honestly, I was so ridiculously nervous that I felt physically sick earlier and there was absolutely no need to be!

Yeah exactly that, all about the scheme, and Virgin Media as a brand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aashi94)
    Oh my god this is invaluable honestly. Thank you so much for updating us. I am also applying for Commercial Marketing only. So would you suggest us researching about the company more or dwell into the job description more?

Moreover, what would you suggest we should dress? Formally or like casual, asking as Virgin Media seems like a firm which has a chilled out work culture.
    No worries at all, I would have loved to have had some direction before so thought it would help others!

Research the company in terms of their brand and commercial awareness, and then there was definitely a question about the scheme so revise that too! But they were quite basic honestly.

Regarding dress code, there was an introductory video before the interview that said you should be dressing professionally whatever you deem that to be haha. I just went with a classic black dress and wore jogging bottoms because no one could see my bottom half haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone done the engineering video interview?

If so what are the questions like, would really appreciate the help

ReputationRep:
    You legend! Huge help. Thanks a lot for that.

I'll probably do mine the next couple days. Glad someone went through it cause I'd have been panicking and rambling on without a little guidance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I took mine as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bardo)
    I took mine as well. Basic questions as someone earlier said.
    Motivation based questions why you want to work for us type of stuff
    Thank you so much for the revert.

Did they ask you 8 questions ?

I hope its not that difficult!

Thanks for letting us know. This is truly invaluable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aashi94)
    Thank you so much for the revert.

Did they ask you 8 questions ?

I hope its not that difficult!

Thanks for letting us know. This is truly invaluable.
    Yeag

ReputationRep:
    What kind of questions were the whys?

I've prepared why I chose my scheme
    What I know about the company
    What my goals are etc

But is there anything that'll throw me or is it just basic interview stuff?

Again thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuss191)

What my goals are etc

why you want to work for this company in particular.

It was very similar questions to the ones we've had on first part of application.

I don't want to give away too much, but basically this thread mentions ALL questions or atleast what they relate to.

Let me know how it goes for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuss191)

What my goals are etc

Hi I also just took the interview.

All motivational but they asked me little bit about the industry also which got me a bit zapped. However, rest were all based on you and the question that you have filled in for the application.

Good luck !

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.