The Student Room Group

Dental care - NHS & Private?

Dear All,

I'm undertaking some dental treatment privately. I'm having a dental implant made, but I also need to get some fillings done. Its far cheaper if I just go to the NHS for my fillings. But I want to keep my dentist for my other work.

Is it ok, or is it unusual for people to mix and match their dental treatment?
If it saves me money, is it worth doing it? I don't want to p*** off my current dentist. I don't want it to affect my treatment going forward, i.e. will she be so annoyed that she won't give her 100% towards the rest of my treatment? If so, is it worth getting it all done privately?
Original post by Anonymous
Dear All,

I'm undertaking some dental treatment privately. I'm having a dental implant made, but I also need to get some fillings done. Its far cheaper if I just go to the NHS for my fillings. But I want to keep my dentist for my other work.

If it saves me money, is it worth doing it? I don't want to p*** off my current dentist. I don't want it to affect my treatment going forward, i.e. will she be so annoyed that she won't give her 100% towards the rest of my treatment? If so, is it worth getting it all done privately?

If your dentist is petty enough to not give her best while working on your teeth because you saw another dentist, then she's not a good dentist at all. I'm not sure that's a common way to do things, but if it works for you then I don't see the problem. I'm not sure about the policies of being with more than one surgery though. It'd be worth making sure you can and it won't cause you any problems beforehand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Dear All,

If you want to focus on saving money, there are a few ways. IMO: undergo dental implants treatment at the top local center. Or undero dental treatment at overseas clinics after having done own research in depth (forums, chat boars, publications, services as dentalimplantsfriends) Or go through registered medical tour operators, who have the experience, as eg medigo.

Quick Reply

Latest