Which type of learning disabilities, do you think I have?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know how to write properly until I was 6.5 years old. I didn't speak until I was three years old. I always lacked concentration in classes. I was able to write, spell and read; but my grammar wasn't all that brilliant. I had difficulties doing some mathematical problems.
    When I was at secondary school, they accidentally put me in class with kids who have an average intelligence. I struggled with English and maths. I was eventually put in bottom set for mathematics. I was never able to do essay writing, had a limited vocabulary and grammar wasn't up to scratch.
    I didn't pass my GCSEs. When I went college I did a GNVQ foundation and Intermediate in Health and Social Care. I passed both of them. I did get extra help with English and Maths. One of the tutors thought I might have learning difficulties and another one said that I was always in a world of my own. I got extremely better in some mathematical problems when I was seventeen years old and I wanted to retake my GCSEs.
    When I did GNVQ Advanced Health and Social Care I always did the essays wrong and got a low mark. A few tutors complained about it.
    When I studied a Diploma in Nursing, I had difficulties doing essays and didn't know how to construct it. I wrote like an 11 year old child. Luckily I had a relative who was nurse, to help me out in the essays and passed it.
    I never took my Nursing placement so seriously and ran into a lot of problems. The nurses complained that I never used my initiative and never focused. My social skills use to be poor (living a sheltered life was partly to be blamed). I always left revision till last minute. I did drop out of Nursing.
    When I started an OU course and a top up degree, I got better with essay writing. I scored higher marks and gained two degrees. I've always suspected that I had learning disabilities but not sure which one. Which learning disabilities do you think I have?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but it definitely didn't enable you to learn how to use paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ****ing rude.

ReputationRep:
    Laziness

ReputationRep:
    Go away troll

ReputationRep:
    maybe dyslexia? My friend has it and I remember throughout high school she would struggle with work quite a bit and was in bottom sets as well

ReputationRep:
    You might have been mentally held back by personal problems but you had help from your relative who happened to be a nurse and that enabled you to write essays. You have passed a few degrees now so the problems are over. Don't look back into the past too much, look forward into the exciting future and maybe aim toe be something interesting like a test pilot or a debt collector, checking up on various direct debits and talking to banks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess pokey)
    Which type of learning disabilities, do you think I have?
    Christopher Walken-ism.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.