Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Which type of learning disabilities, do you think I have? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know how to write properly until I was 6.5 years old. I didn't speak until I was three years old. I always lacked concentration in classes. I was able to write, spell and read; but my grammar wasn't all that brilliant. I had difficulties doing some mathematical problems.
    When I was at secondary school, they accidentally put me in class with kids who have an average intelligence. I struggled with English and maths. I was eventually put in bottom set for mathematics. I was never able to do essay writing, had a limited vocabulary and grammar wasn't up to scratch.
    I didn't pass my GCSEs. When I went college I did a GNVQ foundation and Intermediate in Health and Social Care. I passed both of them. I did get extra help with English and Maths. One of the tutors thought I might have learning difficulties and another one said that I was always in a world of my own. I got extremely better in some mathematical problems when I was seventeen years old and I wanted to retake my GCSEs.
    When I did GNVQ Advanced Health and Social Care I always did the essays wrong and got a low mark. A few tutors complained about it.
    When I studied a Diploma in Nursing, I had difficulties doing essays and didn't know how to construct it. I wrote like an 11 year old child. Luckily I had a relative who was nurse, to help me out in the essays and passed it.
    I never took my Nursing placement so seriously and ran into a lot of problems. The nurses complained that I never used my initiative and never focused. My social skills use to be poor (living a sheltered life was partly to be blamed). I always left revision till last minute. I did drop out of Nursing.
    When I started an OU course and a top up degree, I got better with essay writing. I scored higher marks and gained two degrees. I've always suspected that I had learning disabilities but not sure which one. Which learning disabilities do you think I have?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but it definitely didn't enable you to learn how to use paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be ****ing rude.

ReputationRep:
    Laziness

ReputationRep:
    Go away troll

ReputationRep:
    maybe dyslexia? My friend has it and I remember throughout high school she would struggle with work quite a bit and was in bottom sets as well

ReputationRep:
    You might have been mentally held back by personal problems but you had help from your relative who happened to be a nurse and that enabled you to write essays. You have passed a few degrees now so the problems are over. Don't look back into the past too much, look forward into the exciting future and maybe aim toe be something interesting like a test pilot or a debt collector, checking up on various direct debits and talking to banks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess pokey)
    Which type of learning disabilities, do you think I have?
    Christopher Walken-ism.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.