Why would a girl call me "intimidating"?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I've had numerous girls tell me that I'm "intimidating", but I don't know why?When I get to know them they tell me I'm attractive, but I'm "intimidating"?Why would you call a guy "intimidating"?

ReputationRep:
    What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you give off an arrogant vibe ? Are you really popular / really tall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    Maybe you give off an arrogant vibe ? Are you really popular / really tall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not popular at University.

I'm 6''4.

ReputationRep:
    I guess 'intimidating' can be meant as in menacing but also more like unapproachable.

ReputationRep:
    It means you look scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I'm not popular at University.

I'm 6''4.
    You've got your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe u dont smile alot so u seem intimidating to some girls..

ReputationRep:
    I'm the opposite haha, people say I've got one of the friendly face XD.

ReputationRep:
    1. They are feminists.
    2. You are intimidating them.

One of these two.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 'cause you're a dodgy pirate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    I've had numerous girls tell me that I'm "intimidating", but I don't know why?When I get to know them they tell me I'm attractive, but I'm "intimidating"?Why would you call a guy "intimidating"?
    Just ask them exactly how are you intimidating because they can't just say that and not give an example. Go back to all the girls who said it to get a proper explanation or it will drive you mad thinking about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    I'm the opposite haha, people say I've got one of the friendly face XD.

Lol i only look friendly and inviting when i smile otherwise i have a resting ***** face not great when trying to make new friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    Just ask them exactly how are you intimidating because they can't just say that and not give an example. Go back to all the girls who said it to get a proper explanation or it will drive you mad thinking about it
    "You're attractive, but a bit intimidating"
    "HOW AM I INTIMIDATING?!???!?!??!?!?!?"

ReputationRep:
    I get that too, but I'm 5'5 not 6'4 rofl xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    Lol i only look friendly and inviting when i smile otherwise i have a resting ***** face not great when trying to make new friends
    It's not that bad haha, one of my friends has it real bad, I keep thinking she's angry all the time. I dunno why people think I have a friendly face (Even though I am friendly haha :P), I think it has something to do with the eyes. Also I know a lot of my asian friends have the same thing maybe it's because of that?

ReputationRep:
    She could be on her periods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    It's not that bad haha, one of my friends has it real bad, I keep thinking she's angry all the time. I dunno why people think I have a friendly face (Even though I am friendly haha :P), I think it has something to do with the eyes. Also I know a lot of my asian friends have the same thing maybe it's because of that?
    Awww well u should know her well enough to know the subtle changes in her face when she really is angry lol and haha u sure sound very friendly. I guess some people just have smiley looking faces or something. And lmao my mum says that all of us asian girls and guys look so mardy when we arent talking or laughing so yehh its probably an asian thing

ReputationRep:
    It's probably your height, or maybe you're sooo attractive that it makes girls nervous to approach you therefore intimidating

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.