Guys - Where did your learn your trade?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

When it comes to girls, where and how did you learn to be more successful when it comes to pulling girls etc?

I feel I'm so behind most guys my age when it comes to girls

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have legendary good looks or repartee you learn through countless blow outs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Unless you have legendary good looks or repartee you learn through countless blowouts.
    you also missed a massive wallet

(Original post by Anonymous)
    When it comes to girls, where and how did you learn to be more successful when it comes to pulling girls etc?

I learnt my skills from the guys I used to work with they were great trainers and I was doing great with the ladies before the business took off now I have to pull them off of me

ReputationRep:
    I never bothered with BS chat up lines or coming across as phoney. I am just myself, no bells no whistles.

Im also honest about my intentions. If i like someone i say so. I dont play games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    you also missed a massive wallet

I learnt my skills from the guys I used to work with they were great trainers and I was doing great with the ladies before the business took off now I have to pull them off of me
    Good points. Learning from more successful mates can be a good ploy and you can sometimes strike it lucky with one of the entourage surrounding a babe magnet friend.

ReputationRep:

About 9 and a half years ago i was 17, i had become relatively social with friends but had very little attention or action with women. At some point i started adding girls to my msn from social networks and friends of friends ect.. and started to get them to meet me. At first although not shy i never really took advantage and was just flirty going for the kiss at the end however when speaking afterward like 2 of the first 3 girls i'd met had said that they'd have had sex with me if i asked, plus i'd had no rejections when i went for the kiss. Anyhow, at some point soon after my 18th birthday it got to the point that i was meeting new girls 1-3 times a week and i was starting to shall we say become a bit more aggressive in terms of getting something from the dates.. this carried on with me going for it and getting action such that i lost my virginity and fairly quickly was getting lucky with more women.

Anyhow to answer your question i guess that for me the confidence i gained from meeting random girls and being successful (it got to the point where i'd be kissing them about 15 minutes after meeting and having sex in less than an hour) was a big factor in allowing me to go for it in other situations (seeing a random girl on a bus, getting with women from pubs/bars). Eventually this translated into a few relationships.

Moral of the story is that i learnt not to ever wait for the girl to do something, if your with her and you desire her then go for it.

I will say also not to let yourself get fat, that killed me with women in my early twenties and it does not make much difference whether your going for a relationship or just sex.

ReputationRep:
    I just stand around and look cute. Seems to work, not sure that counts as learning anything though.

ReputationRep:

If you really like a girl you have to suk in your pride and just approach her you should automatically realise that the way ur talking to her isnt the way u usually speak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Good points. Learning from more successful mates can be a good ploy and you can sometimes strike it lucky with one of the entourage surrounding a babe magnet friend.
    exactly
    12 months
    4 waitresses and a customer along with some other girls (i was a little excessive but it was the greatest stress relief from that work other than the jewellery and money)

ReputationRep:
    pm me

ReputationRep:
    Just chat them up, have a bit to drink and pretend to be a bit drunk. Then be a bit mean to them and they'll just think you're a bit of a dick when drunk, but luckily this will make them feel quite small and inferior, which is exactly what you want. Because what you're actually doing is fine tuning them to your needs.

ReputationRep:
    Experience. I used to be the most AWKWARD and weirdest mother****er ever when I was 16; couldn't even maintain a simple conversation with a female. I used to be really shy, but thankfully I'm somewhat "attractive", so I didn't always have to make the first move. I lacked confidence so even though girls found me cute, I was too shy to do anything. Overtime, I built confidence from talking to them, and also made new, extremely outgoing/social friends which helped a lot in making me a more confident person.

Skip four years (now) and all my friends think I'm some pimp hahaha.

This is all awesome advice, thank you! Thing is I'm not shy, I just don't know what sort of stuff to say. I feel I'm too nice.

I seem to have certain things working in my favour (Girls seem to find me attractive quite often, excuse the arrogance). But, I can't make the most of it. If I'm talking to girls online, I seem to be a bit more 'straight to the point' because I have a screen in front of me and after a bit of talking girls usually say if they knew me they would sleep with me etc. But in person girls never seem to be that open about their feelings towards me unless they're drunk.

What sort of stuff can you get away with saying to a girl face to face which shows confidence and gets straight to the point without coming across rude/creepy/desperate?

ReputationRep:
    How did I do it? I never thought about the word "friendzone" - quite simply, I never trade favours for nights in bed. I just make people feel welcome.

ReputationRep:
    This is all awesome advice, thank you! Thing is I'm not shy, I just don't know what sort of stuff to say. I feel I'm too nice.

I seem to have certain things working in my favour (Girls seem to find me attractive quite often, excuse the arrogance). But, I can't make the most of it. If I'm talking to girls online, I seem to be a bit more 'straight to the point' because I have a screen in front of me and after a bit of talking girls usually say if they knew me they would sleep with me etc. But in person girls never seem to be that open about their feelings towards me unless they're drunk.

What sort of stuff can you get away with saying to a girl face to face which shows confidence and gets straight to the point without coming across rude/creepy/desperate?
    Don't ever ask for sex in person, women will rarely escalate themselves. What you do is just go further and if she seems to enjoy it, go ever further.

In terms of talking to them, just make them laugh and when you get bored, go for the kiss.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.