Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Mine is £3300. Of which i have spent £700. What about you guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Mine is £3300. Of which i have spent £700. What about you guys?
    i think this is in the wrong forum maybe??

ReputationRep:
    i think this is in the wrong forum maybe??
    As it's a student forum, I doubt many students, especially those at GCSE/A level, will have a credit card. Those that do, probably won't have a limit of several thousand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jagwar Ma)
    As it's a student forum, I doubt many students, especially those at GCSE/A level, will have a credit card. Those that do, probably won't have a limit of several thousand.
    Yes but there may be some graduates or lecturers who are willing to share their secrets with me???

ReputationRep:
    I have a limit of £4400, and I've spent just under half of it. *I have enough in the bank to cover it so I'm saving loads on bank charges as I'm currently abroad.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    £950 on my only credit card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    I have a limit of £4400, and I've spent just under half of it. *I have enough in the bank to cover it so I'm saving loads on bank charges as I'm currently abroad.
    My largest limit is £3300, and it recently was adjusted up, so i need to wait another 6 months for another raise. Although i have recently opened a barclaycard platinum, so i am hoping one day this will break new records. Who is your credit card with again?

(Original post by claireestelle)
    £950 on my only credit card
    That's still a start you know claire, and hopefully they will review this with a mind to increasing it every 6/8 months. I do hope so any way!!

ReputationRep:
    My largest limit is £3300, and it recently was adjusted up, so i need to wait another 6 months for another raise. Although i have recently opened a barclaycard platinum, so i am hoping one day this will break new records. Who is your credit card with again? *
    Halifax. * My limit was a lot lower to start with but it's been increased a couple of times too (although I've only had it a year). *I have another one with Sainsbury's as well, but I've stopped using it because the interest rate is higher and the limit is lower (£1400 I think).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMagic)
    Halifax. * My limit was a lot lower to start with but it's been increased a couple of times too (although I've only had it a year). *I have another one with Sainsbury's as well, but I've stopped using it because the interest rate is higher and the limit is lower (£1400 I think).
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    For the first three years of my degree, and ever since before that, i was banned from having credit cards. Then two years ago i was allowed one with capital one, and i have paid close attention to my credit reports since then, and have watched my cards go from strength to strength. Now my biggest limit is with marbles at £3300, but i also have two with capital one, one with vanquis, a student account with the co-op and a barclaycard, total limit =£9000 + also some of them should see their limits increased in January next year!

ReputationRep:
    the largest i ever had is £2000 (havent had a credit card in years in though)

But when i was 20 and living in Ireland at the start of the boom years i was preapproved for 25000 punt credit card. All i had to do was sign the bottom line and it would have been mine

ReputationRep:
    $10000 (usd)

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 20, and my credit limit is £4,500 with American Express. I'm a part-time student, and work full time (previously for the most talked about government body on this forum). My salary is about £21,000 (pre-tax, NI, Pension and deductions) for reference. I pay back everything in full, each month. In total, I have £16k of a available credit, never used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    the largest i ever had is £2000 (havent had a credit card in years in though)

But when i was 20 and living in Ireland at the start of the boom years i was preapproved for 25000 punt credit card. All i had to do was sign the bottom line and it would have been mine
    What is a punt credit card?

(Original post by justinawe)
    $10000 (usd)
    Sounds good, what bank?

(Original post by DarlingtonViking)
    I'm nearly 20, and my credit limit is £4,500 with American Express. I'm a part-time student, and work full time (previously for the most talked about government body on this forum). My salary is about £21,000 (pre-tax, NI, Pension and deductions) for reference. I pay back everything in full, each month. In total, I have £16k of a available credit, never used.
    Yes I have also recently applied for a card with American express. They told me i will have to wait ten days whilst they do some final checks. Hopefully it will be a good decision after that?!?

ReputationRep:
    Highest credit card is 5-digits. Another card is unlimited (a charge card which needs to be paid off each month). Having a large limit shouldn't be a goal. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using up the limit. Encouraging other people to get higher credit limits is frankly bizarre and borderline irresponsible.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need a credit card I make more than enough but one of my clients has a JPmorgan chase palladium card with a limit of £1,200,000

Reue
    do what you do best here

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, what bank?
    HSBC

ReputationRep:
    Now i'm working it is 15k but I was amazed as a student, with no income other than student loan, I got a limit of 5.4k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I don't need a credit card I make more than enough but one of my clients has a JPmorgan chase palladium card with a limit of £1,200,000

Reue
    do what you do best here
    How much do you earn?

(Original post by Duncan2012)
    Highest credit card is 5-digits. Another card is unlimited (a charge card which needs to be paid off each month). Having a large limit shouldn't be a goal. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using up the limit. Encouraging other people to get higher credit limits is frankly bizarre and borderline irresponsible.
    5 digits huh? but how much exactly? I'm not encouraging this, only enquiring!

(Original post by Sternumator)
    Now i'm working it is 15k but I was amazed as a student, with no income other than student loan, I got a limit of 5.4k.
    Sounds good also!

ReputationRep:
    i have a Trump Star Card. it has $1 Billion instant access + special bonus features :hubba:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.