Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a little down lately...

I know you probably won't agree with me, but I'm fed up of media being called a 'micky mouse' subject.

Yes, I know lots of people pick it because they think it will be a doss lesson messing around with camcorders, but there is alot of high level skills you need to get a decent grade in it. Unless you are decent at English and IT you don't really stand much of a chance!

Please if you take media and feel the same way reply!

But I do agree that A-level "sports studies" , "travel and tourism" and "enhanced thinking" and things like that are micky mouse subjects... I haven't took them, true but its..."the name"!

(Original post by k9ruby)
    I'm fed up of media being called a 'micky mouse' subject.
    But I do agree that A-level "sports studies" , "travel and tourism" and "enhanced thinking" and things like that are micky mouse subjects... I haven't took them, true but its..."the name"!
    I think you've just proved your own point there about people making sometimes ill-informed judgements about subjects, but perhaps not necessarily in the way you would have liked.

ReputationRep:
    I know- thats what I was trying to prove...that way...oh Im not making any sense :|

ReputationRep:
    Whether you believe it to be a 'mickey mouse' subject or not.. or whether we believe it to be a 'mickey mouse' subject or not is besides the point. Universities and future employees perseve it to be a 'mickey mouse' subject and really, that is what you should care about.

I would have LOVED to have taken media studies, I didn't because of the reputation it has - i didn't even consider it.

Unfortunately, now, if you want a career in the media, get yourself a respected degree, and henceforth do respected as/a levels. e.g. English, history, law.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.