Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many A- levels are you doing/will be doing?

None?
    1?
    2?
    3?
    4 (full ones- not 3As and one AS)
    5?
    More?

Me- I'm taking 4 full ones (Applied IT, I-pro, Design, Media). I actually moved schools because my old one would only let you do 2 or 3, this new one allows up to 5!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'll be doing 3 and dropping French at AS. I don't see the point in doing anymore than that because no university stipulates the need for anything more than this. I think it'll be more productive if I just concentrate my efforts on as many subjects as is necessary and therefore hopefully achieve the best grades possible. Anyway, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks- good luck with yours- french sounds like a hard one to take! (I was useless at langauges!)

I'll maybe be doing 6 ASs, but one will probably be Critical Thinking which we don't do to A2, and another Spanish which I won't have any lessons in, so I'm not sure about it! I'll hopefully take French, German, Geography and English lang/lit to A2.

ReputationRep:
    Did 5 this year (with Critical Thinking included) and will only be carrying on with 3 next year (Critical Thinking not included)

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing 5 AS's; Maths, English Lang/Lit, Psychology, Media Studies, General Studies (it's compulsory!). But I'll be dropping General Studies and Media Studies after the first year. I'm still not sure about Media though, I think I might take Economics instead. Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Either:

4AS to 3A2 and a AEA
    or
    4AS to 4A2 and a AEA

I am going to see how my first year goes and if i feel its too much i shall drop one.

ReputationRep:
    I did 4 AS levels
    English, History and Applied ICT (Double Award). Also took AS General Studies

In my A2 year, I dod Applied ICT (Double Award) and English as well as resits for some AS History papers and some AS GS Papers.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i know that this is not the thread but i was wondering how hard would it to do 4A's and in the second year drop and A's and take another one up in the 2nd year

year 1=economics,Poiltics, business studies and geography
    year 2=economics,Poiltics, business studies and maths

my school will only give my maths in my 2nd year and as i want to do an economics degree i need at least as's maths

so do you think my workload will be huge or not?

ReputationRep:
    Did 4 AS's.. not yet 100% sure how many A2's I'll do.. if everything goes well 3 A2's

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 4 full, split up over 3 years.
    Year 10: 1 AS
    Year 12: 3 AS, 1 A2, 1 extra module A2
    Year 13: 2 A2, 2 extra modules A2
    Very odd.

ReputationRep:
    did 4 this yr excluding general study..theyr math,further math ,physics and art&design
    in A2..amm...i'll continue math,further math,art definately and add AS english literature.... may drop physics....not sure yet.....^^

ReputationRep:
    I took 7 ASes this year (subjects and results in my sig). I'll be cutting down to four A2s next year (by dropping the less academic ones) but I'll be taking an AEA in each.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it's a bit complicated:

2006: Use of Maths AS
    2007: Biology AS, Chemistry AS, Japanese AS, German AS, Maths AS+A2
    2008: Biology A2, Chemistry A2, Japanese A2, German A2, Further Maths AS+A2

Not entirely sure about the 2008 front yet; may not do German A2, may not do Further Maths A2, may not do Further Maths at all. But if I stick with this current plan I'll have 6 A2s and 1 AS at the end.

ReputationRep:
    I did 5 A Levels, but that includes General Studies. Haha. I was going to do 6 but found out that ICT was the most boring thing in existance and dropped it after 2 or 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I done four AS's and gonna do only three A2's.

ReputationRep:
    Across 3 years, 7 full A levels

ReputationRep:
    4 full,
    1 AS

that's the most my school will allow, and only three of us out of 200 are doing that, though they don't make us do pointless stuff like general studies and critical thinking so meh.
    i think they prefer us to concentrate on the number we need.

ReputationRep:
    I did 4 A levels. 6 if you include critical thinking and general studies.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.