Applying for adult nursing 2nd year entry

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm looking for advice from anyone who applied and was success for 2nd year entry for adult nursing. I'm currently studying CAP, I do not have any professional care experience I only have personal experience growing up helping out with my disabled brother, although I will be going on placement soon but my application will probably be in before then. Any help and advice will be great thanks it's glasgow Caledonian uni in apply to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeighUno)
    Hi I'm looking for advice from anyone who applied and was success for 2nd year entry for adult nursing. I'm currently studying CAP, I do not have any professional care experience I only have personal experience growing up helping out with my disabled brother, although I will be going on placement soon but my application will probably be in before then. Any help and advice will be great thanks it's glasgow Caledonian uni in apply to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you look in the Nursing and Allied Health Personal Statement Guidance there is a section on writing about personal experiences which you should find useful. It's important that you recognise in your application that there are differences between the care you give to a relative and caring as a professional.*

If you can get any sort of professional experience before submitting your application, it certainly would be beneficial. This, of course, is not to say that you definitely will not get an offer without it, but it's good to do what you can to further your application. You have until January to apply and it realistically should only take a couple of weeks to get something organised, even if it is not directly related to your degree. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    If you look in the Nursing and Allied Health Personal Statement Guidance there is a section on writing about personal experiences which you should find useful. It's important that you recognise in your application that there are differences between the care you give to a relative and caring as a professional.*

If you can get any sort of professional experience before submitting your application, it certainly would be beneficial. This, of course, is not to say that you definitely will not get an offer without it, but it's good to do what you can to further your application. You have until January to apply and it realistically should only take a couple of weeks to get something organised, even if it is not directly related to your degree. *
    Thank you,

I think as I'm applying through the college my application has to be in by 8th December at the latest, so I will probably only have had 2 weeks placement done by then. I am not in a position to be able to find part time work along side studying. So if I maybe hold off putting certain information into my personal statement and use those 2 weeks placement to guide me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeighUno)
    Thank you,

I think as I'm applying through the college my application has to be in by 8th December at the latest, so I will probably only have had 2 weeks placement done by then. I am not in a position to be able to find part time work along side studying. So if I maybe hold off putting certain information into my personal statement and use those 2 weeks placement to guide me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can really only make recommendations based on experience with other applicants but I really would advise you to wait and put some sort of professional care on there, whether that is your placement or even shadowing someone for a day, or sitting in on a support group one evening. You certainly would not need to make a long term commitment to get some useful experience. You have a lot of time between now and December to organise something if you wanted.*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.