The Student Room Group

What do guys think of a girl with a dark/twisted sense of humour

When I'm comfortable around people i like to joke about things that may seem inappropriate for a lady. I do get people judging my character and saying guys aren't attracted to girls who think dirty. However in public I am very ladylike and decent. I'm also training to be a nurse so this kind of sense of humour isn't uncommon at all. Anyway I wanted to know what guys think? Bare in mind in public I'm a lot more composed, but I do like to let out my dark side at times.
A refreshing breath of fresh air, as women with dark senses of humour are generally quite hard to come by due to the social pressures for them to remain, as you say, " ladylike".
I think most guys will love it and its the ideal combination. Might depend how dark and twisted. I dont think dirty really comes into that category.
What do you mean by dark and dirty?

Your interpretations could range from what I consider to be normal humour to something that will make me think you're certifiable.
I think I'm like that. How I am depends on circumstances. I think I sometimes surprise people by being very direct in what I say, including I guess dark and dirty things. I've been told I can be disgusting a few times, but seems dumb to dress things up or say them in code.
Original post by Anonymous
When I'm comfortable around people i like to joke about things that may seem inappropriate for a lady. I do get people judging my character and saying guys aren't attracted to girls who think dirty. However in public I am very ladylike and decent. I'm also training to be a nurse so this kind of sense of humour isn't uncommon at all. Anyway I wanted to know what guys think? Bare in mind in public I'm a lot more composed, but I do like to let out my dark side at times.

My partner has a pretty dark SOH at times. I love it as it matches mine
You should really get a good idea of the people around you and how they'll react to before you make any "edgy" jokes. I've almost crossed the line assuming people I'm with have the same sense of humour as my friends, you have to be smart. If someone else makes that sort of joke and everyone seems fine with it, go ahead.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

It says: "You have already rated a post by this user recently!"

Who are you? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending