Durham Supported Progression Applicants 2017

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying? If so, which subjects have you chosen to study on the residentials?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Biology but got Sport ;(

Can't complain tho, not a lot can say they got in. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __martin__)
    I applied for Biology but got Sport ;(

Can't complain tho, not a lot can say they got in. What about you?
    You've heard back?? I just checked my emails and I've got nothing. My teacher said I shouldn't really expect anything for another week.
    Congratulations on getting on! Was sport your second choice?
    I applied for Maths (well, mathematical sciences) with Physics as my second choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    You've heard back?? I just checked my emails and I've got nothing. My teacher said I shouldn't really expect anything for another week.
    Congratulations on getting on! Was sport your second choice?
    I applied for Maths (well, mathematical sciences) with Physics as my second choice
    Yeah, did you get an email confirming that they've got your application? If you didn't you should contact the SP team asap. If you did, it does say they'll be contacting us on the week commencing the 9th- I was pretty surprised to have gotten mine on the 6th.

I chose sport as my second choice but only because I couldn't/didn't want to do anything other than Biomed and sport is the only thing I'm semi-good at. Sport doesn't need any specific A-levels but I was actually surprised that I got it considering I didn't even take PE at GCSE. I mentioned that I'm planning on going competitive this year (powerlifting) and that's probably the only reason why I wasn't totally rejected.

I bet maths will be good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, did you get an email confirming that they've got your application? If you didn't you should contact the SP team asap. If you did, it does say they'll be contacting us on the week commencing the 9th- I was pretty surprised to have gotten mine on the 6th.

I chose sport as my second choice but only because I couldn't/didn't want to do anything other than Biomed and sport is the only thing I'm semi-good at. Sport doesn't need any specific A-levels but I was actually surprised that I got it considering I didn't even take PE at GCSE. I mentioned that I'm planning on going competitive this year (powerlifting) and that's probably the only reason why I wasn't totally rejected.

I bet maths will be good!
    No I didn't - I haven't heard a single thing from them! :afraid: did you apply through your school? Fair enough, but it did worry me that others have heard back and I've still got nothing. I suppose I should wait until at least Monday. I'll also talk to the teacher who sent my application off to make sure he actually did.

That's a good enough reason as any! Do you want to go to Durham? I imagine if so that you wouldn't be very happy with not getting your preferred subject. I chose Physics because I do it for A Level, mainly. I really don't want to do anything but maths but at least the subjects are semi-related. Yeah that probably secured it for you.

Hopefully it will - if I get on, that is!

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't - I haven't heard a single thing from them! :afraid: did you apply through your school? Fair enough, but it did worry me that others have heard back and I've still got nothing. I suppose I should wait until at least Monday. I'll also talk to the teacher who sent my application off to make sure he actually did.

That's a good enough reason as any! Do you want to go to Durham? I imagine if so that you wouldn't be very happy with not getting your preferred subject. I chose Physics because I do it for A Level, mainly. I really don't want to do anything but maths but at least the subjects are semi-related. Yeah that probably secured it for you.

Hopefully it will - if I get on, that is!
    I was undecided really between Durham and York, and thought that if I got on the SP on Biology then I'll probably go to durham because of the guaranteed offer that comes along with completing SP. Now that I didn't get my preferred, I'll just go into it for UCAS points and probably try to go to York (They offer a placement year and durham doesn't anyway :P)

And listen, don't wait til monday. Contact SP:
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/supported.progression/contact/

They should have sent you an email that they have received your application - mine was sent through my school too. If you didn't get an email back I don't want to worry you but it's a possibility that they didn't get your application; I got my first email from them a back in November. The earlier you contact them the better; or you might be stuck having to do sport as well! I'm sure they'll consider the application if it turns out it was lost in postage or something.

Good luck, and seriously contact them ASAP it would be a shame if you lost a place because of some stupid error made by your school/royal mail.

ReputationRep:
    I was undecided really between Durham and York, and thought that if I got on the SP on Biology then I'll probably go to durham because of the guaranteed offer that comes along with completing SP. Now that I didn't get my preferred, I'll just go into it for UCAS points and probably try to go to York (They offer a placement year and durham doesn't anyway :P)

And listen, don't wait til monday. Contact SP:
    https://www.dur.ac.uk/supported.progression/contact/

They should have sent you an email that they have received your application - mine was sent through my school too. If you didn't get an email back I don't want to worry you but it's a possibility that they didn't get your application; I got my first email from them a back in November. The earlier you contact them the better; or you might be stuck having to do sport as well! I'm sure they'll consider the application if it turns out it was lost in postage or something.

Good luck, and seriously contact them ASAP it would be a shame if you lost a place because of some stupid error made by your school/royal mail.
    Ah I see, at least you tried it and got a place, even if it wasn't for your preferred. Yup, that guaranteed offer was a major factor in my choice to apply . Sounds like you'd be great at either uni anyway

You were right, I emailed them earlier on today (yup, I waited) and it turned out...I wrote down my email address wrong on the form! :facepalm:
    They changed it though and soon enough I got another email from them.

I got a place!! And it's in my preferred subject - Mathematical Sciences
    I'm honestly over the moon; thank you for telling me to contact them!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, at least you tried it and got a place, even if it wasn't for your preferred. Yup, that guaranteed offer was a major factor in my choice to apply . Sounds like you'd be great at either uni anyway

You were right, I emailed them earlier on today (yup, I waited) and it turned out...I wrote down my email address wrong on the form! :facepalm:
    They changed it though and soon enough I got another email from them.

I got a place!! And it's in my preferred subject - Mathematical Sciences
    I'm honestly over the moon; thank you for telling me to contact them!
    Haha, thanks

And wow as if you wrote down your email address wrong :P, but it could be worse. Glad to hear that you got in (and for maths too ).

I asked at school and they said there's a chance that I might be able to do Biology as there's often someone who drops out, but since it was such a popular choice it's not as likely as it is for other courses. Nevertheless I'm sure this will be a great experience. I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks

And wow as if you wrote down your email address wrong :P, but it could be worse. Glad to hear that you got in (and for maths too ).

I asked at school and they said there's a chance that I might be able to do Biology as there's often someone who drops out, but since it was such a popular choice it's not as likely as it is for other courses. Nevertheless I'm sure this will be a great experience. I can't wait
    I know, how daft is that?? I'm happy they managed to sort it out though. Thank you!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then! And there's always a chance you could be able to . Me neither!

ReputationRep:
    I know, how daft is that?? I'm happy they managed to sort it out though. Thank you!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then! And there's always a chance you could be able to . Me neither!
    (:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 9, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Should you wait six months before applying for a graduate job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.