Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking of doing a biology related subject, im thinking of doing Biology or Zoology at Stirling, Dundee, Aberystwyth(wales) or the new course starting this year at Glamorgan(also wales) called International Wildlife Biology. I'm thinking of doing some form of Animal conservation as a career and was wondering if anyone has been to any of these universities or studied these courses and if anyone knows which subject would be more beneficial to my career path?

I know its kinda alot to ask but any help would be appreciated...:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Dundee is more geared towards human biology but apart from that they all sound fine. IHave a look into what modules/courses you get to do at each.
    I'd also have a look at Aberdeen's biology courses, they seemed to match your interests too.]. They all start out as biology but you could graduate with things like tropical conservation biology or zoology, its worth having a look at anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Kasias. Yea aberdeen has been recommended to me by a teacher at school... think i'll have a look and see what they are doing

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.If you really want any advice on biology or related subjects feel free to come into this forum and talk.Its where kasias and i come from.The zoology forum.Theres people in their doing biology or planning to take zoology/wildlife related subjects.Heres the link below
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...325053&page=71

Good luck.From Andy x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting Zoology at Aberystwyth in September. If you have any questions about the course or the uni I might be able to help.

In the first year (I think this is pretty similar for most biology related degrees at most unis but i'm not 100% sure) all the biology degree schemes tend to do the same core modules apart from a few optional modules available. This would make it pretty easy for you to switch between Biology and Zoology if you changed your mind.

ReputationRep:
    I went to an open day at Glamorgan and they talked about that course. It's new for this year. It actually sounded really good, though not something I would do personally because of the stint abroad (this is a good thing by the way - it's just that I wouldn't want to leave my kids for weeks on end while I swanned off to Cuba or wherever). The lecturers there are really friendly and seem like good fun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2007

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.