Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Help With Evaluating Social Identity Theory Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm writing an essay in which I am evaluating social identity theory while making references to relevant studies (Tajfel, Cialdini etc.). I have no problem in evaluating the research/study, but am completely lost when it comes to evaluating the theory itself.

I need some help in evaluating social identity theory by including the strengths and limitations regarding the theory itself, and moreover, how can I organise my paragraphs in the essay when it comes to evaluating the theory?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiromatsu)
    Hi guys!

I'm writing an essay in which I am evaluating social identity theory while making references to relevant studies (Tajfel, Cialdini etc.). I have no problem in evaluating the research/study, but am completely lost when it comes to evaluating the theory itself.

I need some help in evaluating social identity theory by including the strengths and limitations regarding the theory itself, and moreover, how can I organise my paragraphs in the essay when it comes to evaluating the theory?

Many thanks!
    Hi! I may have a method to evaluate theories which may be helpful for you. Please do pm me if you want to know what it is. It would help with the evaluation of ANY theories in Psychology.

Best,
    Gabrielle

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.