Literally Last Minute Oxford vs. Cambridge (Medicine) Decision

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    So I was on track to applying to Cambridge for medicine but I'm having second doubts and they're killing me. I don't know if it's my brain doing this to me but it seems that everywhere I look is telling me that Cambridge is Podunk Academy compared to Oxford and yata yata. Not that I believe that but it's giving me second thoughts. I'm Canadian so I don't have a well formed opinion of each school but when I read about each one, I kinda clicked with Cambridge more. I even listed Cambridge as the school I'm applying to in the BMAT form so I'm not even sure if I'm even allowed to switch over to Oxford if I want to. Any advice? Anyone know where I can get to compare them? Practically everything I find online is a circlejerk of one of them and completely lacks mention of their actual differences.

Thank you so much and sorry for making Oxford vs Cambridge thread #8534312485239585239503828520382 852144512

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDude42)
    So I was on track to applying to Cambridge for medicine but I'm having second doubts and they're killing me. I don't know if it's my brain doing this to me but it seems that everywhere I look is telling me that Cambridge is Podunk Academy compared to Oxford and yata yata. Not that I believe that but it's giving me second thoughts. I'm Canadian so I don't have a well formed opinion of each school but when I read about each one, I kinda clicked with Cambridge more. I even listed Cambridge as the school I'm applying to in the BMAT form so I'm not even sure if I'm even allowed to switch over to Oxford if I want to. Any advice? Anyone know where I can get to compare them? Practically everything I find online is a circlejerk of one of them and completely lacks mention of their actual differences.

Thank you so much and sorry for making Oxford vs Cambridge thread #8534312485239585239503828520382 852144512
    One of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen on TSR.

ReputationRep:

Go with Cambridge. If you've already said you're applying there in the BMAT then it's not worth taking the risk of changing it, especially with 5 hours until the applications deadline. Both are outstanding institutions and students are always satisfied with whichever they apply to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    One of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen on TSR.
    I pulled the trigger on Cambridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I pulled the trigger on Cambridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Good luck!
    Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.