Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

How often do you upgrade your phone?

• View Poll Results: How often do you upgrade your phone?
    Every two years or longer
    50.00%
    Every year
    11.54%
    Every six months
    0%
    Whenever a new phone comes out that I want
    15.38%
    Whenever my current phone dies
    19.23%
    Other (specify in the thread!)
    3.85%

ReputationRep:
    I purchase a new phone every year or so.

Once every two years.

ReputationRep:
    Every 2 years, though I recently got the Note 7 so I need to upgrade again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    That was a hot phone to have.

ReputationRep:
    Every two years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2138)
    That was a hot phone to have.
    It exploded onto the market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Really exploded onto the market didn't it?
    Blazingly fast

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a set schedule. I upgrade or change phones when necessary. I had a HTC Wildfire S for I don't remember how long, got sick of how bad it was and waited for the Galaxy S4 to upgrade. Had that for 2 years, didn't see anything I liked so I waited for the Note 5 (and ended up having to import one). I'd wanted to try a Nexus 6P for ages and about 6 months after I got the Note 5 I sold it for a 6P. I've been using that since early this year and haven't seen anything that I'd want to swap to right now. If the Pixel brand matures a bit I may decide to go for one next year, or I may go for something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Every two years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? That's a bit early. What phone do you have currently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What's wrong with the Note 7? I've heard that there's been lots of problems with that phone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honour)
    I purchase a new phone every year or so.
    Just under every two years although that'll be longer this time. Have a Note 4 and was going to upgrade to the Note 7, but will wait for the S8 or Note 8 equivalent now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a new phone after 5 year and I'm planning on keeping my current one for atleast 3 more years.... it better keep working

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I got a new phone after 5 year and I'm planning on keeping my current one for atleast 3 more years.... it better keep working
    Wow a loyal user! What phone do you currently have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Which one r u gonna get? I wanted to a Note 7 too 'cos it looked amazing but now I haven't got a clue what I should get.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with the Note 7? I've heard that there's been lots of problems with that phone...
    Yeah explosions and stuff. You'd think ISIS had something to do with it but nope. It's them Koreans.

ReputationRep:
    Wow a loyal user! What phone do you currently have?
    Its mainly because phones are expensive nowadays and i want my moneys worth. I currently have the Samsung galaxy s6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Which one r u gonna get? I wanted to a Note 7 too 'cos it looked amazing but now I haven't got a clue what I should get.
    I just ordered the Google Pixel (XL) It's got an amazing camera (12.3 MP) and comes with Android 7.1 Nougat installed. You also get unlimited Google Drive space :woo:

You should have a look at that one, think it's gonna be a fantastic phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I just ordered the Google Pixel (XL) It's got an amazing camera (12.3 MP) and comes with Android 7.1 Nougat installed. You also get unlimited Google Drive space :woo:

You should have a look at that one, think it's gonna be a fantastic phone.
    Yep, I recently saw MKBHD's video of Google pixel and was thinking of getting it (phone buddies???? I think so!!) but I'm gonna wait till I find it in blue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    I'm waiting for the S8 / Note 8. S8 is expected Q1 next year and the rumours look amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I have the money 😂😂

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.