Think Ahead Program 2016/2017 Watch

al_h
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by K_H)
Hi, Congratulations on getting to the assessment centre! I've just taken the sjt, can I ask how long it took you to hear about the assessment centre after that? Hoping it won't take another three weeks! Thanks
Hey, it was around a week after I think
darling35
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, its been 3 weeks today and I got an email saying that I did not succeed on my application.
Well done to all of you who got through and best luck ahead ))
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hippychick2101)
Also - Would love to know how old anyone is that applied?! Feeling like the oldest person atm!
I'm 30 x
I am probably the oldest 41!
hippychick2101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh well that makes me feel good that there are varied ages!!

Ok cool so they let you know either way by the sounds of it. I'm checking my emails every 5 minutes!!
al_h
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by darling35)
Hi there, its been 3 weeks today and I got an email saying that I did not succeed on my application.
Well done to all of you who got through and best luck ahead ))
That's a shame. Do you intend to apply for Frontline now?
darling35
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by al_h)
That's a shame. Do you intend to apply for Frontline now?
I am not sure because my main interest is in adults' mental health, I am a Psychology undergraduate student.

I am looking into other possibilities at the moment but cannot find anything that appeals to me.

I am very disappointed since I was looking forward to this program since I heard about it last year.
Feeling a bit lost at the moment.
I wish they would give me a feedback so I would know what to improve and I could apply again next year, but they don't. I know that it is not lack of experience. I am 43 years old and the only 2 things that I can think of: 1- my age or 2- I did not write what they want to read.

I would probably do better if I had had a chance to be interviewed. Well, never mind. I wish you all the best and I hope you are succefull on the assessment day
ruthdc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied 3 weeks ago on Saturday so wondering if they will respond tomorrow (Friday) -I am so desperate to hear-I don't have much confidence but then again I don't know what they are looking for really. I am 32
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just received an email inviting me to the assessment centre in London. Time to get nervous!
Misedoflauren
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by madwife)
Just received an email inviting me to the assessment centre in London. Time to get nervous!
Congrats and good luck!
What was the SJT stage like? I'm a bit nervous about that part. And after that is there anything else before you're invited to the assessment centre?
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amberee)
Congrats and good luck!
What was the SJT stage like? I'm a bit nervous about that part. And after that is there anything else before you're invited to the assessment centre?
SJT was ok, I think there was 10 or 11 scenario's and you had to chose the action you would take. As long as you have a basic understanding of the role, then it wasn't too difficult. I did my SJT last Monday, so was surprised to hear on Sunday evening about the assessment day. I don't think there are any other parts to it, I am waiting to hear about further details for the assessment day as all I had to do yesterday was book a day.

Good luck.
Misedoflauren
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
SJT was ok, I think there was 10 or 11 scenario's and you had to chose the action you would take. As long as you have a basic understanding of the role, then it wasn't too difficult. I did my SJT last Monday, so was surprised to hear on Sunday evening about the assessment day. I don't think there are any other parts to it, I am waiting to hear about further details for the assessment day as all I had to do yesterday was book a day.

Good luck.
Okay thank you! I thought it might be scenario based just wanted to find out.
Just submitted my application now Feeling excited but not going to get my hopes up too much yet
achromatic
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hippychick2101)
Also - Would love to know how old anyone is that applied?! Feeling like the oldest person atm!
I'm 30 x
I'm 27.

I sent the SJT back today. Really hoping I hear back soon. The waiting is torture.
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I attended the assessment centre on Thursday, and we were told that we would be informed of the outcome within 2 weeks either way. The wait is so tough already. Has anybody else heard?
al_h
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I attended the assessment centre on Thursday, and we were told that we would be informed of the outcome within 2 weeks either way. The wait is so tough already. Has anybody else heard?
I attended on Thursday as well. I am desperate to find out and keep thinking about everything I could have done better!
PsychNewc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by al_h)
I attended on Thursday as well. I am desperate to find out and keep thinking about everything I could have done better!
I hope they get back to you both quickly!! How did you feel the assessment centre went? Was it stressful?? Mine is on Thursday and I am nervous!
al_h
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PsychNewc)
I hope they get back to you both quickly!! How did you feel the assessment centre went? Was it stressful?? Mine is on Thursday and I am nervous!
It's really hard to say how it went and before I attended I thought i knew what they were looking for.. however I am not so sure now! I think it's because they state they are not asking for candidates to have experience, however I felt a majority of the others there had significantly more experience in closely related fields than i do!

I'm just hoping they take motivation into consideration and that I demonstrated the right attributes.

Good luck for your AC
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PsychNewc)
I think that it is really difficult to know how it went on the day, generally, people will often on reflection focus primarily on the things that that they should or could have said, rather the the positives of the day.

The day is testing but enjoyable, you will have to think on your feet, and each assessment is pretty short and therefore you can't really prepare too much. I guess we just have to trust in the process and believe that the methods of assessment will identify the best candidates for the role.

The waiting to hear is a nightmare though!
Good luck for Thursday, and be prepared for needing a lie down afterwards, or is that just me?
Jimbob82
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also did the assessment on Thursday. Similar to others, I've largely focused on what I didn't say and things I could have done differently. It feels like I've been waiting a long time already, not sure I can hack it if it's the full two weeks.

Oh, and madwife, you're definitely not the only one who needed a lie down!!
madwife
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone heard anything yet? The wait is so tough.

Good luck for all those attending tomorrow.
Jimbob82
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing yet. I'm not expecting anything today either given they'll be doing another assessment centre this morning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads