Help with residency evidence to support my application

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I applied for a student loan back in March, (7 months ago) and I'm still waiting on an answer whether I'm even eligible for a loan or not, even tho I've been at uni for almost a month now. The process for the loan went smooth up to the point where they asked me for evidence of residency for the past 5 years (I lived at the same address in the UK for the whole period) and nothing I send to them seems to be enough. I have sent them all my school certificates,household income, my bank statement for the past 2 years with my address on it stamped by the bank, child tax credits, pay slips and p60s,which is way more information than they mention they need in the application process. Each time I sent them a bit of evidence through I would ring them up to make sure that they accept it and that it is the last thing they need then I would get another letter through a couple of weeks later asking me for something else which would add on another 2-3 weeks to my process as they take ages scanning it into the computer and processing it. Now it's got to the point that I'm late to pay my accommodation fee and I'm meant to be paying my first years tuition fee in 2 weeks and I'm starting to panic. We've made an official complaint at the complaint department, argued with them at least once a day for the past 2 weeks and still nothing seems to be happening. After being told we will get a final answer next Friday we got an email through saying the process of my last bit of evidence will take an addition 14 working days today and I'm not sure what to do. Please help because I'm enjoying student life more than I thought I would and I don't want it to be ruined by of a bunch of useless *****. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric474.es)
    Hello, I applied for a student loan back in March, (7 months ago) and I'm still waiting on an answer whether I'm even eligible for a loan or not, even tho I've been at uni for almost a month now. The process for the loan went smooth up to the point where they asked me for evidence of residency for the past 5 years (I lived at the same address in the UK for the whole period) and nothing I send to them seems to be enough. I have sent them all my school certificates,household income, my bank statement for the past 2 years with my address on it stamped by the bank, child tax credits, pay slips and p60s,which is way more information than they mention they need in the application process. Each time I sent them a bit of evidence through I would ring them up to make sure that they accept it and that it is the last thing they need then I would get another letter through a couple of weeks later asking me for something else which would add on another 2-3 weeks to my process as they take ages scanning it into the computer and processing it. Now it's got to the point that I'm late to pay my accommodation fee and I'm meant to be paying my first years tuition fee in 2 weeks and I'm starting to panic. We've made an official complaint at the complaint department, argued with them at least once a day for the past 2 weeks and still nothing seems to be happening. After being told we will get a final answer next Friday we got an email through saying the process of my last bit of evidence will take an addition 14 working days today and I'm not sure what to do. Please help because I'm enjoying student life more than I thought I would and I don't want it to be ruined by of a bunch of useless *****. Thank you.
    You need to make sure that all the dates within the last 5 years have been covered by evidence. If that's the case then there's no reason why they haven't accepted your application. They can be extremely picky however and if even one day isn't covered they won't accept it. I don't think there's a lot more you can do to be honest if you're giving all the evidence you have, maybe someone will know more than me however. I've had trouble myself this year with student finance (completely different situation) so I know how useless they can be. You'll just have to keep chasing them up and hope that they sort it out soon. I'm sorry you've been put in this though, it's really not fair on people the way they treat people.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your Student Union whether they have a Student Finance expert who can go through what you have submitted so far, to see if they can spot any problems with your evidence which might not be obvious to you.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.