Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How many return flights can I include in my application for a Travel Grant? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Two of the rules on eligibility for a Travel Grant (Study Abroad) are that "you must pay the first £303 of your travel costs " and that "you can apply for up to 3 return journeys between your home and the overseas institution"

If all my return flights were £101 each (£50.50 each way), and I went home 6 times during my year abroad, so my travel expenses were £606, would I get £303 back?

Or, can I only include 3 return flights in my application, so if they were £101 each, amounting to £303, I would get nothing even if I actually spent £606?

Is there a limit on how many times I can go home to be eligible for the Travel Grant? For example, if I went home every weekend and applied to get a refund for 3 of my many flights, would my case be breaking the requirement that "you have to keep the travel costs as low as possible," resulting in no grant being awarded?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

We will fund up to 3 return journeys maximum. If the 3 return flights cost £303 we would not reimburse you for these flights as you have to pay the first £303 of your travel costs.

Thanks

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.