I feel so alone

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've really got the blues lately. I don't have many friends and I always feel so alone, I've got nobody I can talk to and nobody to see on the weekends.

Because of this, I start looking forward to moving University a lot more (September 2017). I'll have a fresh start and new friends, hopefully I'll have a less lonely lifestyle.

That's all good and well, right? But because I'm so hopeful about going to University and I'm so down about my current life, I've started to worry a lot about missing my offer... which in turn, demotivates me and makes me feel like more of a failure

I need some help lifting myself back up off of the floor and getting myself in the right mindset to do more work and achieve the grades I need, what would you guys recommend?

Ambition is believing in yourself even when the whole world does not.

You are not a failure

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you unfortunately. I guess what I'm trying to do is think that going to uni will give me at least a chance to change my situation. If I don't go nothing will change. If you feel really low have you considered speaking to a professional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Ambition is believing in yourself even when the whole world does not.

You are not a failure
    I know I can do it, it's just that I'm so demotivated that I'm not working so I'm not going to achieve the grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Hi everyone, I've really got the blues lately. I don't have many friends and I always feel so alone, I've got nobody I can talk to and nobody to see on the weekends.

Because of this, I start looking forward to moving University a lot more (September 2017). I'll have a fresh start and new friends, hopefully I'll have a less lonely lifestyle.

That's all good and well, right? But because I'm so hopeful about going to University and I'm so down about my current life, I've started to worry a lot about missing my offer... which in turn, demotivates me and makes me feel like more of a failure

I need some help lifting myself back up off of the floor and getting myself in the right mindset to do more work and achieve the grades I need, what would you guys recommend?
    Hey OP,

Really sorry to hear you're feeling down about this — I hope that things are looking better for you soon. I've moved this thread over to mental health, we've got a really strong and supportive community here and they'll be sure to have some tips to help you out with this. I really hope this is OK and I echo what everyone else has said. :penguinhug:

Ethan

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-feeling-down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    I know I can do it, it's just that I'm so demotivated that I'm not working so I'm not going to achieve the grades
    Use you hate for your current situation to motivate you. That's what I am doing to push me through this last year. Everytime you find yourself distracted, procrastinating or just sat in bed doing nothing then think to yourself 'do I really want to be sat in the Same position next year' if the answer is no then get your ass up and do work. Engross yourself in it as a distraction from your *****y life and before you know it the year will be over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PINK HAIR GIRL!!! <3

I can understand where you're coming from. The start of university is daunting and emotions can go flying. All I can really say is trust in yourself, remember that many others have been through this exact same process, and as long as you make an effort things will be alright.

The problem with loneliness is it can be something you create for yourself. You feel lonely, and thus you can distance yourself away from opportunities. I suggest you think of it this way. Focus on your studies = Good grades = Go to uni = make new friends.

As difficult as it can be, don't think too much about your present situation and concern yourself more with the future. You put the effort in, you'll reap the benefits. Believe me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.