Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm not as clever as most people on here.
    & noway did i acheive anything near what most people here did.

i got DEE.. but i'm proud of myself.
    I got into Edge Hill University onto the course i wanted to get on, & i think that's all that matters.

but well done to everyone else x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilgemmalea)
    i'm not as clever as most people on here.
    & noway did i acheive anything near what most people here did.

I got into Edge Hill University onto the course i wanted to get on, & i think that's all that matters.

Best post on the whole thread, well done and congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilgemmalea)

(Original post by Leavis2)
    Best post on the whole thread, well done and congratulations
    I agree.

So many people get upset over not getting straight As or if they only just got into the A boundary, it just gets a little annoying (no offence to those people). I got a little bit upset about one of my grades untill i realised I'd still got into my university so I'm really happy and proud of myself

If your proud of what you've got, and you're going where you want to go, like you said, that is all that really matters.

Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    BBCc :proud: I worked hard and in the end I got what I wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX)
    BBCc :proud: I worked hard and in the end I got what I wanted
    Well done! That's all that matters at the end of the day; reaching your own potential and getting what YOU know you're capable of.

ReputationRep:
    Nicely put. The A-Level people aren't too bad, but I'm getting irritated with some of the GCSE people moaning that they only got 24 A*s when they should have got 25 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    Nicely put. The A-Level people aren't too bad, but I'm getting irritated with some of the GCSE people moaning that they only got 24 A*s when they should have got 25 :rolleyes:
    Tell me about it :rolleyes: How about the ones insistent that the examiner must have made a mistake with their only paper that didn't achieve full marks and they're sending it off for priority remarking at once.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the remarks. They all seem convinced that they're guaranteed extra marks Wasn't like this back in my day :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the remarks. They all seem convinced that they're guaranteed extra marks Wasn't like this back in my day :p:
    Nor mine :p: Imagine the uproar if the examiners decided the marking was too lenient the first time :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Would be quite amusing :p: They're not allowed to lower marks though are they?

ReputationRep:
    Would be quite amusing :p: They're not allowed to lower marks though are they?
    Well, they can at A Level and seeing as most of the exam boards are the same i would assume that the policy is the same. So, in short, yes ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we were told they could only add on... Well there you go :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown)
    Well done! That's all that matters at the end of the day; reaching your own potential and getting what YOU know you're capable of.
    Exactly! None of this "OMG!!!!ZZZZ I didn't get 600/600 even though I got an A I want full marks, I want a remark OMGGGGG!" Give it a break ;yes;

Everyone should know they have a limit, I knew mine as I'm not the most brightest girl but I worked hard and achieved the best I could, and better than most expectations either.

ReputationRep:
    Got a remark for Media as AQA hadn't taken my doctor's note into consideration. I now have a B instead of a D, which gives me ABB

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.