Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Are brexiters the new immigrates?

ReputationRep:
    Before Brexit, Brexiters blame everything on immigrates, from lack of jobs to crimes and people not speaking English.

Now that the economy is going downhill fast, more racists attacks, inflation and looming job loses due to Brexit, will Brexiters be blamed for all these things and even things that have nothing to do with them.

ReputationRep:
    you're kind of symptomatic of this whole mess - you say "racist attack" but what races are you even talking about? white people vs other white people, ultimately? look at this **** - you're a part of the "barring immigrants unlimited access to the UK is racism" liberal clique - this is why there was such an erruption at brexit - people are ****ing fed up of people like you saying that they're "racists"

ReputationRep:
    Full Brexit is what we need. A wake up call.

And America needs to elect Clinton as there wake up call. Because the polls support the electing of a Corrupt leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    you're kind of symptomatic of this whole mess - you say "racist attack" but what races are you even talking about? white people vs other white people, ultimately? look at this **** - you're a part of the "barring immigrants unlimited access to the UK is racism" liberal clique - this is why there was such an erruption at brexit - people are ****ing fed up of people like you saying that they're "racists"
    Oh give it a rest with the white thing! It's a non-existent term. Bulgarians, Romanians, Slovaks, etc are different ethnic groups and you can be racist against other ethnicities even if you are "white" and consider them to be "white". Jews were not blacks or w/e and yet widespread prejudice against them is considered to be paradigmatic of the invidious effects of racism.

ReputationRep:
    I hope they at least give us a proper hard Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Oh give it a rest with the white thing! It's a non-existent term. Bulgarians, Romanians, Slovaks, etc are different ethnic groups and you can be racist against other ethnicities even if you are "white" and consider them to be "white". Jews were not blacks or w/e and yet widespread prejudice against them is considered to be paradigmatic of the invidious effects of racism.
    ethnicities aren't races though. look up the definition.
    ethnicities can be totally arbitrary too - you might say that scots are "an ethnicity" even though their DNA is fundamentally identical to english DNA. oh what, so poles have...different faces, or something? they're still white people. all white people have different faces as well. with logic like yours I'm shocked as to why gingers aren't considered an ethnicity and therefore a race to you because they have minute little differences in their appearance regardless of their skin

ReputationRep:
    ethnicities aren't races though. look up the definition.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/race

1.2A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.‘we Scots were a bloodthirsty race then’
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/race

a group of people who share the same language, history,characteristics, etc.:The British are an island race.

ReputationRep:
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/race

1.2A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.‘we Scots were a bloodthirsty race then’
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/race
    the definition said: CULTURE; HISTORY; LANGUAGE. not race. so why are you adding "the scots"?

a group of people who share the same language, history,characteristics, etc.:The British are an island race.
    again, why are you adding "british"?!

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't even let me rep you anymore because i rep you too much.

I am glad we still have people that speak sense.

ReputationRep:
    the definition said: CULTURE; HISTORY; LANGUAGE. not race. so why are you adding "the scots"?

again, why are you adding "british"?!
    This is the definition of race, your responses are hysterical.

I didn't add anything, that's the example the Cambridge dictionary provides for what a race is.

You might want to click the links I provided and read them and instead of assuming things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Before Brexit, Brexiters blame everything on immigrates, from lack of jobs to crimes and people not speaking English.

Now that the economy is going downhill fast, more racists attacks, inflation and looming job loses due to Brexit, will Brexiters be blamed for all these things and even things that have nothing to do with them.
    Brexiters are the new immigrants, remainers are the new aliens.

ReputationRep:
    This is the definition of race, your responses are hysterical.

I didn't add anything, that's the example the Cambridge dictionary provides for what a race is.

You might want to click the links I provided and read them and instead of assuming things.
    if "scots" and "english" are "races", then what is "caucasian"?! a "super race"? ffs this is stupid. scots aren't a race. they are caucasian. if scots are a different "race" to english people, would, by that logic, this make folks from the west country a different race to people from yorkshire and newcastle? what about americans from washington compared to americans from florida? I mean, they'd have different cultures, histories and dialects, especially in the case of the UK, so why ever not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    Brexiters are the new immigrants, remainers are the new aliens.
    Brexiters are xenophobic even to other British people.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like people, yet again, need a reminder of what racism and racial discrimination actually mean.

From the UN's International Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination, Part 1, Article 1

(Original post by The UN)
    1. In this Convention, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.
    From the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, Section 28

(1)An offence is [F1racially or religiously aggravated] for the purposes of sections 29 to 32 below if—(a)at the time of committing the offence, or immediately before or after doing so, the offender demonstrates towards the victim of the offence hostility based on the victim’s membership (or presumed membership) of a [F2racial or religious group]; or

(b)the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by hostility towards members of a [F2racial or religious group] based on their membership of that group.
    and

(4)In this section “racial group” means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

[F4(5)In this section “religious group” means a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.
    There we go. Both the UN and the UK legal system says that discrimination based on ethnicity and nationality can be described as racial discrimination.

Even if it wasn't though, it still would not be an accpetable situation to allow discrimination against someone because of any of those characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a brexiter and I looked at the trade angles
    weak pound and less trade makes metals a good buy that how come I have 2 Rolexes, a Breitling and a Mercedes and am looking to buy another few watches in the new year and maybe a car for some lease hiring say a BMW or a Porsche along with something like a Bentley or an Aston martin for my weekends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Are they homophobic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    You do know that literally makes no sense...

Then again, is any sense expected when you start foaming at the mouth going "racist racist economy imploding racist" and when talking about whether people are immigrates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

Who exactly are these Brexiters you talk of. Have you met any or are they just a figment of your imagination?

Also who are immigrates?

Plus whose economy is going downhill fast and on what do you base that assumption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)

As a Remain voter even I've got to call you out on this. The first sentence of your thread and you've already made an arse out of yourself. Keep up the good work OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    I'm a brexiter and I looked at the trade angles
    weak pound and less trade makes metals a good buy that how come I have 2 Rolexes, a Breitling and a Mercedes and am looking to buy another few watches in the new year and maybe a car for some lease hiring say a BMW or a Porsche along with something like a Bentley or an Aston martin for my weekends
    Brexit has been great for me as well my **** has grown by 4 inches since the referendum. Last week I was in Vegas and these 8.5 - 9.5 /10 babes were literally throwing themselves at me now that I'm a citizen of an independent sovereign nation, Donald Trump came over and bro fisted me out of respect.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.