The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde applicants 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kanelbullar
I'm so anxious right now since it's already a month since the deadline passed and still nothing from Strathy - does anyone know if they've started to give out offers for Economics and Politics to Scottish/EU students?

I got my offer for this course last week from Strathclyde, hopefully you hear back soon xx
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Have any Scottish students heard back from law yet? Im getting so nervous and impatient! If so any conditions? What were grades last year? Starting to worry, just want to know if i have a chance!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abbeydabey17
Have any Scottish students heard back from law yet? Im getting so nervous and impatient! If so any conditions? What were grades last year? Starting to worry, just want to know if i have a chance!

I got my offer at the start of January I think and I got AAAAAAA but I only sat two social sciences subjects lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willans7
I got my offer for this course last week from Strathclyde, hopefully you hear back soon xx

Hi, are you a Scottish/EU student? What are your predicted grades? When did you apply? Do you meet or exceed the typical entry requirement?
Hi, are you a Scottish/EU student? What are your predicted grades? When did you apply? Do you meet or exceed the typical entry requirement?

Scottish mature applicant. I'm doing social sciences at college, conditions from Strathclyde are that I pass the HNC with an A in my graded unit.

I applied 18th December I'm sure. Maybe they look at 'mature' applicants differently? X
Original post by Willans7
Scottish mature applicant. I'm doing social sciences at college, conditions from Strathclyde are that I pass the HNC with an A in my graded unit.

I applied 18th December I'm sure. Maybe they look at 'mature' applicants differently? X

Could be, thanks for the info.
I've sent them an e-mail asking if they can provide any info and/or updates on how my application's doing. Do you guys think they'll be able to tell me if I'm likely to get a place?
Has anyone else heard tonight from law?
(edited 7 years ago)
People, what do you know regarding employability prospects in Accounting and Finance, Strathclyde vs Glasgow?
Original post by kasschaud
People, what do you know regarding employability prospects in Accounting and Finance, Strathclyde vs Glasgow?

Have you received an offer for that course? And if so, are you a Scottish/EU applicant?
Have you received an offer for that course? And if so, are you a Scottish/EU applicant?

Yes, I got an offer and I am strongly considering to firm it, it is the MSc, although I am still not sure if it is indeed better than Glasgow. I am an EU student (northern Europe).
Reply 210
Has anyone got an offer for education?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbeydabey17

I've applied to Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Stirling. Have an unconditional from Stirling and a conditional from Aberdeen (need AA at highers). Got AABBC last year and starting to get a bit worried about Dundee as that's my first choice. Have you heard from anywhere?
Got a conditional offer for Architectural studies
A-Levels: BBB
From London
Got a conditional of BBB tonight for Business😊 Scottish applicant!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popcornlover
Got a conditional of BBB tonight for Business😊 Scottish applicant!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
I hope they'll start giving out offers for Economics and Politics soon too!
Got rejected for Management and Marketing due to the limited number of places. I hope for an offer from Heriot-watt though, still want to go to Scotland!
Original post by titanforce
Got rejected for Management and Marketing due to the limited number of places. I hope for an offer from Heriot-watt though, still want to go to Scotland!

What were your predicted grades and what grades did they ask for?
As a Greek student, my predicted grades were 18.5 out of 20. As they state in their website, Greek students must have 18 out of 20 to be accepted. Well, as I see through Greek forums, many Greeks study at Strathclyde, so it would be nice if they had accepted me. Life goes on though, I might stay in Greece or go to Edinburgh if Heriot watt accepts me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?
I hope they'll start giving out offers for Economics and Politics soon too!

I had highers at ABBB. I'm doing mixture of highers and advanced highers and my predicted grades were AABB. I'm sure you'll hear good news soon😊 Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Popcornlover
I had highers at ABBB. I'm doing mixture of highers and advanced highers and my predicted grades were AABB. I'm sure you'll hear good news soon😊 Good luck!

Thanks! I sure hope so as my predicted grades exceed the standard entry requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending