The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde applicants 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RossB1702
Yeah I'm still to apply and saw in the UCAS website that I may have to attend an interview as well. What engineering you applying for ? I'm applying for mechanical and naval architecture/marine engineering.

Original post by eilidhgraham
Congrats! I only applied on Sunday and the letter came on Wednesday saying I wouldn't hear until Feb/March. What engineering was it you applied for? I applied for Aero-Mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile

Electrical and Mechanical Engineering MEng.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
I'm applying for biochemistry and microbiology :biggrin:
Original post by RossRFC
Bump // any business school applicants yet?

I applied a few days ago for business, feeling nervous as the competition as Strathclyde for business especially seems high🙃
Reply 43
Original post by Popcornlover
I applied a few days ago for business, feeling nervous as the competition as Strathclyde for business especially seems high🙃

Over a month since I applied now and heard nothing back. Can't see us getting any offers until January/Feb time due to the competition as you said. What course(s) did you apply for?
Original post by RossRFC
Over a month since I applied now and heard nothing back. Can't see us getting any offers until January/Feb time due to the competition as you said. What course(s) did you apply for?

I applied for Business, what about you? Yeah I feel like offers will be later aswell :/
Reply 45
I applied for Business, what about you? Yeah I feel like offers will be later aswell :/

International Business & Business Analysis with Technology
I'm applying for law and politics and just got an offer at BCC
Original post by sophiehunter
I'm applying for law and politics and just got an offer at BCC

Congrats that so low compared to their minimum.
Congrats that so low compared to their minimum.

Thank you! I know, I was really surprised, their website does say that they'll give lower offers based on your personal statement etc so I guess they liked something about my application, whatever the reason it makes it a nice backup option so I'm happy
I'm a Strathclyde applicant from the EU applying for Economics and Politics. Strathy seems like a good university and their Business School is triple accredited, but why are employment prospects so painfully low (57 (max is 100) on the Complete University Guide league ranking)?
(edited 7 years ago)
I only received one confirmation email for my application to Strathclyde. I applied for two courses, is this normal? I ask because Glasgow sent me a confirmation email for each course.

Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by johnTroy1
I'l be applying for 2017 entry. Strathclyde don't give offers until around March. I know this as i'm friends with older people who achieved top grades and were emailed telling them not to firm any other offers as they would receive an offer from Strathclyde, they just don't give them out early.
hello, my name is jemil. am not sure that is true because i applied to MSc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering at Strathclyde. i got an unconditional offer in 10days. i have an.offer already
Original post by Mjemil
hello, my name is jemil. am not sure that is true because i applied to MSc in Electronics and Electrical Engineering at Strathclyde. i got an unconditional offer in 10days. i have an.offer already

Are you a Scottish applicant?
Unconditional offer for Journalism and Creative Writing & Spanish - not accepting it though
Reply 54
Original post by johnTroy1
Are you a Scottish applicant?

no. am a nigerian
Original post by Mjemil
no. am a nigerian

I was referring to Scottish engineering applicants in my post.
Just got Unconditionals for Computing Science and Software Engineering!
Reply 57
Just got an unconditional for Civil Engineering!!??? I guess it also depends on the kind of engineering when giving out offers. I only sent my UCAS away not even a week ago...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by churzie
Just got an unconditional for Civil Engineering!!??? I guess it also depends on the kind of engineering when giving out offers. I only sent my UCAS away not even a week ago...

Nice. Is Strathclyde your first choice ?
Reply 59
Original post by RossB1702
Nice. Is Strathclyde your first choice ?

yep it's my first choice uni but my first choice course is chemical engineering. I think they're gonna take quite some time though for that course :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending