Manchester University

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    How long does Manchester generally take to get back to you with an interview/offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilysjohn)
    How long does Manchester generally take to get back to you with an interview/offer?
    Is this for SLT? If so interview invites tend to come out from mid-Nov onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Is this for SLT? If so interview invites tend to come out from mid-Nov onwards
    Ohhh okay thanks! Do you know how long other universities for SLT take (specifcally Reading, City University London, UEA and St Mark & St John's)?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh okay thanks! Do you know how long other universities for SLT take (specifcally Reading, City University London, UEA and St Mark & St John's)?
    I didn't apply to any of those other unis but from past experience (I actually applied in 2014 so just started my third year - yikes) they all usually work to similar timescales

ReputationRep:
    I didn't apply to any of those other unis but from past experience (I actually applied in 2014 so just started my third year - yikes) they all usually work to similar timescales
    Sorry for all the questions haha but which uni did you choose? How are you finding the course and what was the Manchester interview like?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for all the questions haha but which uni did you choose? How are you finding the course and what was the Manchester interview like?
    It's no problem - ask away!

I am at MMU but I study a joint honours course - speech therapy and psychology which they don't offer anymore. Manchester Uni was my insurance choice. I also applied to Leeds and Sheffield.

Can't really comment on the interview process as they changed it quite a lot last year but they do all tend to involve a written section and either a face to face or group activity. It's not as scary as it sounds - you just need to read up about the role of an SLT and maybe some aspects of working for the NHS - NHS website and professional websites are good sources.

The course is hectic at times but very interesting and varied.

Quite surprised that there isn't a sticky thread this year for SLT applicants - the support we gave each other on there was invaluable when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    It's no problem - ask away!

I am at MMU but I study a joint honours course - speech therapy and psychology which they don't offer anymore. Manchester Uni was my insurance choice. I also applied to Leeds and Sheffield.

Can't really comment on the interview process as they changed it quite a lot last year but they do all tend to involve a written section and either a face to face or group activity. It's not as scary as it sounds - you just need to read up about the role of an SLT and maybe some aspects of working for the NHS - NHS website and professional websites are good sources.

The course is hectic at times but very interesting and varied.

Quite surprised that there isn't a sticky thread this year for SLT applicants - the support we gave each other on there was invaluable when I applied.
    Thank you so much for your help!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.