Physician Associate 2017 Entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi y'all,

I thought I would start a thread for people who are starting this course in January 2017.

I thought I would start by asking if anyone has managed to book the pre-enrolment day yet? I have managed to do the DBS and Occu health questionnaire. In it they mentioned phoning student support to book an ID day and I don't know if this is what they mean since I was told at another time that they would send us all an email of the date!

If anyone could provide some clarification that would be great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Good idea setting up the thread we hope you're looking forward to starting in January.

Did you ring Student Support? They will give you further details about what action you need to take to book onto a pre-enrolment day. It differs from course to course, so the best thing to do is go straight to the source!

If you have any further questions, let us know

Laura
    (Official Hallam rep)

(Original post by Ilir1989)
    Hi y'all,

I thought I would start a thread for people who are starting this course in January 2017.

I thought I would start by asking if anyone has managed to book the pre-enrolment day yet? I have managed to do the DBS and Occu health questionnaire. In it they mentioned phoning student support to book an ID day and I don't know if this is what they mean since I was told at another time that they would send us all an email of the date!

If anyone could provide some clarification that would be great, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have complete the DBS and questionnaire and was able to book for the pre course day online. The ID check will be carried out on the pre-course day.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all.

I have done it, I just misread the instructions lol. Thanks for the input Caro. Might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Glad it's all sorted!

Get back in touch if you need anything else

(Original post by Ilir1989)
    Thanks all.

I have done it, I just misread the instructions lol. Thanks for the input Caro. Might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have been offered a place on the course starting in January.Alfiya.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering how everyone is funding their living expenses?
    Thando

ReputationRep:
    Hi Thando,

Sheffield Hallam provides some funding, but I'll try and fund the rest through a mixture of savings and possible the PCDL loan. If I can do some bank HCA/support worker shifts I will, but everyone has been saying the course is intense so I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I was thinking of part-time work as well but it is doubtful that there'll be time for that.
    Hmmm need to get a loan sorted 😣

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.