The Student Room Group

Who should I vote for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesN88
I asked if you thought it was ok.

Putin is no fool either. NATO is far stronger than Russia and we just need leaders with the political will to stand up to his expansionism.

That question is so weak in relation to nuclear capability. Russia won't have any land to annex launching nukes. It will all become a radioactive wasteland.

All that Russia has to do to win is launch the nukes first and in large quantity. It's rather simple.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
That question is so weak in relation to nuclear capability. Russia won't have any land to annex launching nukes. It will all become a radioactive wasteland.

All that Russia has to do to win is launch the nukes first and in large quantity. It's rather simple.

How is it weak? We also have anti-missile defence systems and a continuos at-sea deterrent precisely for this reason.

You still haven't answered as to whether or not you think Putin annexing another sovereign country's territory is acceptable?
How is it weak? We also have anti-missile defence systems and a continuos at-sea deterrent precisely for this reason.

You still haven't answered as to whether or not you think Putin annexing another sovereign country's territory is acceptable?

Well it depends. If it was part of the Russian empire at some point I would not be so negative at that.

Otherwise it seems a bit aggressive.
Original post by KingBradly
Both candidates are terrible.

Best option: pour petrol over the entirety of the US and set light to it.

Firstly, that's not possible. We don't have that much oil haha! Secondly, I love my country and would never set it on fire. I think both candidates have their pros and cons and I'm trying to find who u agree with more. At the moment I'm leaning towards trump but not sure.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Well it depends. If it was part of the Russian empire at some point I would not be so negative at that.

Otherwise it seems a bit aggressive.

That's like saying it wouldn't be so negative for the UK to start seizing parts of India or Africa.
That's like saying it wouldn't be so negative for the UK to start seizing parts of India or Africa.

Well if things go sour the UK should be the next port of call to solve the issues. Even if this means reinstating rule.

Because we left these nations free we should have that guiding power over them to keep them abiding.
Original post by elen90
Dozens of former White House security experts, amongst other officials and public figures, have unanimously condemned Trump for being a threat to national security.

I could mention a slew of reasons as to why Donald Trump is unfit to be President, and for the sake of humanity's moral fibre should never reach any position in government, but here's one.

Personally, I disagree. I think that both candidates are fit to be President, I just don't know who I agree with more.
Original post by cashcash871
I'm an eighteen year old American voting for the first time. I am currently undecided between the two major candidates:

- For the economy, I do not think either candidates match my wishes. I support free markets, lower welfare spending, trade deals that have been negotiated well. Trump opposes some of these traditional Republican economic policies. Clinton seems to agree with free markets more, unusual for a Democrat, but she still advocates a welfare state and I don't feel that she will negotiate good trade deals, looking at Obama's record. So I'm going to give a slight edge to Trump here.
- For education, I agree more with Clinton. Common core isn't as bad as people think, there is already enough choice for schools in my opinion and I think there is enough competition among schools.
- For healthcare, I don't really care that much but probably Clinton. I don't need to pay for healthcare since I'm covered under my dad's plan.
- For gun laws, I support Trump. I want the liberty of owning your own firearm and being able to protect yourself to be extended, not restricted, especially in my state (California), where they are already extremely strict. I also partake in a lot of recreational shooting and enter competitions. My parents don't own guns and are for more gun laws but I wish to purchase guns legally in the future
- Foreign policy, I completely disagree with Trump. Clinton has far more experience on this. I do think that she will able to defeat ISIS as I feel she is a lot stronger on the issue than Obama. However, I disagree with her Syrian refugee plan. Hopefully, the Senate could block that!
- For immigration, I support Trump. My parents came here legally from an Asian nation. They had a skill that they utilised here and contributed to society. However, illegals are a huge problem and we need to have a proper border to stop the drugs coming in. There is also the problem with refugees and immigration from hostile nations like Syria, Iraq etc.

So, as you can see, I am very undecided. I feel that Marco Rubio would have been the best candidate but he's gone so I am left with a tough choice. I am hoping to major in political science and am considering entering politics myself so politics and this election is very important to me.

It's good to find a fellow Californian who still knows how to think an issue through. Im a little older than you,(63), so we probably have different issues that are important to us. For me, I think what is by far the most important thing at stake is the general path the U.S. takes for the future more than any single issue.
Hillary will keep us on an Obama course which is, no borders, an eventual undoing of the 2nd amendment and a feeling that it's okay to use American resources, through bad trade deals, to build up other countries while ignoring our own.
Notice how Hillary is not running on her record? That's because her record is one of failure. She's accomplished nothing.

I'm supporting Trump and here's why; He's a business man who is used to getting things done. He's led a very public life for the last 30 yrs. so if any of the things people are accusing him of were true I think it would be known. People aren't used to hearing a non-politician speake so his words appear a little rough but I find that refreshing and just what the American electorate needs to hear. The only thing Hillary knows about job creation is what her left wing advisors have told her. Trumps done it and he knows EXACTLY what it takes. He knows we can't tax our way to prosperity.
I live in the S.F. Bay Area btw.
Given your desired policies, you'd be much, much better off under Trump. As you said, the only thing you really side with Killary on is education and you won't be in it for much longer.
Personally, I disagree. I think that both candidates are fit to be President, I just don't know who I agree with more.

fact check the lies the media are telling look how corrupt it is. Watch trumps speeches and the debates make a point of doing this and watch with attentive detail on how the media twists and lies. ask yourself does it really look like the media is been fair here?

then when you come to the obvious conclusion any diligent person would, ask yourself why the media is this biased think about what trump has said about the corruptness of the whole system think about the threat trump poses to the corrupt gravy train. Then realize why for the sake of your country you have to absolutely have to vote Trump.
Reply 30
its sad to think that these are supposed to be the best from each side.
tbh though i would have to vote clinton just due to the endless cascade of sexism, racism and general ******** that comes out of trumps mouth.
This is the person on the internet I've seen in ages that is actually weighing up policy and not somebody trying to decide which candidate they hate as a person more.

I suppose if you're undecided based on pure policy the next part would be to decide who you think would be better at actually carrying out their promises, and who would be less likely to get their **** blocked by the senate (although I think both candidates are screwed on this second point as nobody really likes Trump or Hillary)
Original post by oldercon1953
It's good to find a fellow Californian who still knows how to think an issue through. Im a little older than you,(63), so we probably have different issues that are important to us. For me, I think what is by far the most important thing at stake is the general path the U.S. takes for the future more than any single issue.
Hillary will keep us on an Obama course which is, no borders, an eventual undoing of the 2nd amendment and a feeling that it's okay to use American resources, through bad trade deals, to build up other countries while ignoring our own.
Notice how Hillary is not running on her record? That's because her record is one of failure. She's accomplished nothing.

I'm supporting Trump and here's why; He's a business man who is used to getting things done. He's led a very public life for the last 30 yrs. so if any of the things people are accusing him of were true I think it would be known. People aren't used to hearing a non-politician speake so his words appear a little rough but I find that refreshing and just what the American electorate needs to hear. The only thing Hillary knows about job creation is what her left wing advisors have told her. Trumps done it and he knows EXACTLY what it takes. He knows we can't tax our way to prosperity.
I live in the S.F. Bay Area btw.

I never thought I'd see another American on here! Thanks for sharing your take on the election.

I'd say the most important issues for me are the economy, 2nd amendment rights and education. I live in LA County and it's a great place to live but it could be a lot better if there were more good quality jobs. I heard somewhere that most people who are coming out of college and working in LA will never be able to buy their own single family home because wages just haven't kept up with prices. I feel like a Trump can make a difference here if he invested more in creating jobs rather than wasting it on welfare which just keeps poor people poor. But I just don't feel like he'll get along with the rest of the Republican Party if he becomes President. But I am leaning towards trump right now.
Yep guys, I'll be voting for Donald Trump.
neither
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
neither

Thanks but I've already made my decision.
Blank

So great to see a young person make their own decision and not be brainwashed by the liberal media. You will not regret voting for Trump!

Congratulations on planning to vote for a mindless sex-pest.
Original post by Conceited
Congratulations on planning to vote for a mindless sex-pest.

he isn't voting for pedophile defending Hillary. I think you misread that he is voting for Good ol Honorable Trump.

Quick Reply

Latest