What is your opinion on 'The Red Pill'?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Is there some truth in it or is it a baseless argument, built on misogyny alone?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)

This is a serious thread. :spank:

ReputationRep:
    It'd be good if you could briefly explain what it is.

ReputationRep:
    red pill is essentially anti (modern) feminism and pro gender-individualism so I'm all for it
    red pill isn't hating women - it's not offering a special status - it's fundamentally giving them respect and treating them as equals
    that's why you see red pill adherents praising men who hit women back when women hit men first - because it's equality in its purest form. and that's what I subscribe to - brute-equality. no ******** cultural privilege for either gender in *any* context whatsoever. for instance, if I'm not allowed to fight back against a woman who hits me first, I just *cannot* respect her any more than I would respect a child. if you want me to see eyou as an adult, you can't play the "adult here, child there" game. it just looks *really* pitiful and reeks of opportunism. I'd have more respect for a 50s housewife than a woman who plays *that* game. at least a housewife is consistent.

ReputationRep:
    I think red pill is pretty interesting, moderate liberal feminism is not all too bad either. Although I hate both extreme sides such as radical feminists and mgtow of course

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    If you have a look at the sub-reddit, you'll see that many of them are angry and feel victimised, blaming women for all of their problems. They try to portray themselves as moderates in interviews and videos but that sub-reddit is scary and shows what they're like when they feel that they don't have to put on a face (and even when they do, things slip).

ReputationRep:
    I hate it. It reminds me of listening to a bunch of 14yr olds talking about women. They all talk as if they would only go for certain types of women. Supermodels get mentioned and they'll say things like "girls like this are only good for shagging, no self-respecting man would marry a slut like this" and I just find it laughable. As if a supermodel would even give one of those guys a second glance. As if some guy raging about chicks on reddit is something more than the rich, handsome buggers who get to date supermodels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    I think red pill is pretty interesting, moderate liberal feminism is not all too bad either. Although I hate both extreme sides such as radical feminists and mgtow of course
    Only individualist/libertarian feminism is good. The vast majority of feminism is moronic, MGTOW is just sad and red pill is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    red pill is essentially anti (modern) feminism and pro gender-individualism so I'm all for it
    red pill isn't hating women - it's not offering a special status - it's fundamentally giving them respect and treating them as equals
    that's why you see red pill adherents praising men who hit women back when women hit men first - because it's equality in its purest form. and that's what I subscribe to - brute-equality. no ******** cultural privilege for either gender in *any* context whatsoever. for instance, if I'm not allowed to fight back against a woman who hits me first, I just *cannot* respect her any more than I would respect a child. if you want me to see eyou as an adult, you can't play the "adult here, child there" game. it just looks *really* pitiful and reeks of opportunism. I'd have more respect for a 50s housewife than a woman who plays *that* game. at least a housewife is consistent.
    That's not really what red pill is
    Have you even been there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    Only individualist/libertarian feminism is good. The vast majority of feminism is moronic, MGTOW is just sad and red pill is a joke.
    Now looking at it, you are probably right about Red Pill

ReputationRep:
    Red Pill is essentially code for 'If you dont agree with us, you are a brainwashed moron'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    That's not really what red pill is
    Have you even been there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you've seen the channel "red pill philosophy" on youtube, right?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really advocate it as such however i do have sympathy for it in the sense that i can understand why these people exist.

Over the last 20 years (especially the past decade with online dating) what we've seen is a significant shift in the power balance of the dating market towards women and away from men, at the same time we have seen women become much more disloyal. Modern feminism has and entitlement has also created a generation of women who don't accept criticism because they choose to believe the horde of desperate men who tell her that she did the right thing.

The end result of the factors above is that a girl entering her twenties today is not limited to the men in her local pub or workplace (relatively low in number and more likely to give them a chance) but can now expect a horde of desperate men to validate her across the internet. This somewhat has created a sense of entitlement in which women may reject even otherwise suitable potential mates because on dating sites and the like they'll receive approaches from dozens of men, many of which will be very attractive (she'll then be used, blame them and repeat the mistake). This entitlement often lasts well into adulthood and married life with the end result being that she cheats and then blames the man for not 'emotionally satisfying her' rather than takes responsibility for her actions.

In that context i can definitely see why many men would become somewhat bitter and manipulative towards women because in their mind, it's the way to level the playing field and get what they want.

ReputationRep:
    There is the movie/documentary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3686998/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HK7n_X...nE42tV1f6mA0FA is about a feminist's journey looking at both sides of the arguments regarding the 'dreaded manosphere' & what she learnt. I advocate it because having this extra knowledge can make a difference to your life.

MGTOW is about making the most of your life & goals, whilst looking at male/female dynamics to help yourself be happier. Hence above comment on giving women attention brings about narcissism & everything saying how important they are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sympathetic to some of the views I've seen, but it's often difficult to separate the rational discourse from the strong emotions at play. In any given conversation, you're likely to find some level-headed social commentary, but usually mired in a considerable amount of bitterness. It seems that a lot of men today feel rejected, used, and their sense of masculinity is being threatened by the slow eradication of gender norms - it's a reaction to modern feminism.

I agree that in the dating market men seem to be getting a bit of a rough deal at the moment, but the appropriate reaction is probably less extreme than what you'd typically find in TRP. It should also be be pointed out that certain aspects of modern feminism also seem to be this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    MGTOW is about making the most of your life & goals, whilst looking at male/female dynamics to help yourself be happier. Hence above comment on giving women attention brings about narcissism & everything saying how important they are.
    That's funny because I lurked their forums a couple of times after their organisation popped up in a documentary and they sound bitter and angry, not happier than the average men. And does part of "looking at male/female" dynamics involve blaming women for all of your problems and talk about us as though we are parasites, out to oppress you?

ReputationRep:
    There are a few pearls of wisdom in there, like the concept of Sexual Market Value, which can be useful for really, really socially inept men, but you have to wade through a river of manure to find them, and most can also be found outside TRP ideology.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen of the 'red pill' it looks like its for men who want to blame all their problems on women & try to justify blatant misogyny.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.